#17 (Reign of Supermen Finale)

"I don't believe you..."

"It's the truth."

"But how can that be? Your body was buried in Metropolis City. How did your vandalized grave go unnoticed?"

"I'm not sure. Four years have passed since that day, so it is rather strange."

"Four years? What?  You died just nearly two years--..." In the middle of his back and forth with the man who goes by 'Kal-EL', a realizations dawns upon the artificial youth yet again. As a scowl takes form across his face, Connor's eyes momentarily advert off to the side.
"The cube did this..."

"Cube? What are you talking about?" The kryptonian clad in black and silver bracers questions with an arching a brow.

"You shouldn't believe alive... There shouldn't be other Supermen, but because of that mysterious cube, reality has been changed. Past, present, and... definitely my future." Connor begins as he turns away from the Kent family, placing his hands upon his own hips as he takes a few steps forward.
"Why would it do all of this, though...? Why bring him back? Why bring in other people from a different reality?" He murmurs the questions to himself while contemplating.

"I'm not 100% sure I'm following what you're telling me, but it sounds like that cube may be something incredibly powerful. Do you know where it is now?" Kal-EL asks.

"No, I don't. After that massive glow it gave off, it just vanished into thin air. Haven't seen or heard anything about it since then."

"I see. Well, hopefully it's served its purpose and is gone for good."

"I disagree... If I could, I'd use it to fix everything that's wrong." Connor responds coldly.

"Surely this isn't such a terrible change of events in your eyes, is it? I'd say it's great that there's been several capable hands picking up where I left off to protect Metropolis."

"On that, too, I disagree. I don't know much about the others, especially that cyborg... However, I do know that lunatic you call an 'aid' is a murdering scumbag. He's a threat to public safety. So, either you order him to stay home, or I'll be forced to take care of him myself next time." Connor warns as he turns to face his elder again- the very man who looks upon him with a wary frown.

"What? Are you saying Eradicator killed someone?" Kal-EL asks.

"Are you surprised an individual with a name like that would do such a thing? I saw him with my own eyes. He killed a bunch of thugs in a warehouse back in Metropolis City." Connor retorts firmly.

"I had no idea, but of course, that's no real excuse. I had just assumed he was out gathering solar energy to help with my recovery, which he has been providing, but I didn't know he was also trying to fill my role as Superman. He at least... seemed to have a solid understanding of morals, but he is nothing short of a machine. An... AI, to be exact. I can at least assure you that it WON'T be happening again anytime soon. And... I take full responsibility for his actions." Kal-EL wholeheartedly assures with honesty glimmering in his vibrant blue eyes - something that softens Connor's annoyance just enough.

"It's... That's good enough. Just restrain him here. If he MUST continue to gather solar energy for you, then make sure he goes no further than above this structure. That's all I ask of you."

"That, I can certainly do. You have my word. Honestly, I'm feeling much better these days. I was actually even thinking about returning to my days as Superman."

"Return?" Connor repeats.

"Yes. I think I've had plenty of time to recovery and I feel like I'm ready to return to the public to help those in need." 

"Maybe you should reconsider..."

"Excuse me?"

"What purpose would you have for returning to as Superman?" Connor counters with a question of his own.

"Helping others is reason enough, son. I don't do it for my health or for fame. All I want to do is help where I'm needed."

"Don't call me 'son', has-been. This world already has a more-than-capable Superman... And you're looking at him." Connor retorts with hostility dripping from his stoic-like tone. It was even more apparent within his unwelcoming frown. A reaction that takes Kal-EL by surprise.

"...Young man. You shouldn't be out there flying around and calling yourself 'Superman' when you've got a chip on your shoulder THAT large. It's not ego. It never was. It's just about doing the right thing. This isn't a competition. A helping hand should not be a threat in your eyes." The elder of the two attempts to reason with the other.