#15 (Reign of Supermen Part 2)

"You know, I still can't believe you two met already

"You know, I still can't believe you two met already. Hahaha. It's like were destined to do business, kid. You and me, we're gonna go far. After all, we all know that you're the real deal and those knock-offs are just that. Phonies. Wannabe's biting your style like a pack of ankle biters." Rex enthusiastically talks a mouthful to the hero riding in the backseat of his car, the trio currently on their way to a talk show facility.

"No kidding. Plus, you're pretty good lookin', flyboy. You wouldn't happen to have a girlfriend, would ya?" Roxy, the blonde who's riding shotgun asks while grinning over her shoulder.

"A girlfriend...? Well..." He trails off while momentarily adverting his eyes toward the window beside him. Through the various media he's seen, he does indeed know what she means, but the question takes a bit of thought. He wasn't dating, but he did meet quite a fascinating woman within the past week or so that swept up his interest like the smoothest pick pocketer to ever live. 

"Oh, come on, Roxy. Don't go putting moves on our superstar. We need him focused. Besides, you know dating a super can be dangerous. I don't wanna see ya tied up in some loony's secret lair." Rex chimes in during Connor's pause.

"Relax, pops. I ain't flirting. Yet. Just askin' the important questions, is all. But whatevs... We'll talk more later when all this business stuff is done." The blonde responds and then settles back into her seat. Peace and quiet joins the ride for the rest of the trip from then on out.

[ 25 minutes later-- ]

"Welcome back to yet another exciting afternoon of our favorite talk-show, Kelly-Kelly! Believe it or not, we have a very special guest with us this time. Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to one of the brave guys keeping an eye out for us from the skies - and especially one who can really rock a swanky leather jacket - Superman!" The blonde hostess addresses the crowd and camera before turning her head and gesturing toward the young man sitting six feet away from her on stage. Connor follows the advice given to him by Rex and waves at the cheering and wooing crowd with a grin.

"I'm grateful for you allowing me to be here with you today." Connor expresses his gratitude just as the crowd settles down. 

"No problem at all! So, how about we get right into it, then? There's some things I'd like to know about a handsome guy such as yourself, and I'm sure everyone else here and viewing from home are dying to know more about you, too. You look rather young. How long have you been Superman for?" The hostess asks while leaning forward in her seat.

"I believe it's been nearly five months now since I've started." The clone answers.

"Oh? So you're still a bit green, huh? Interesting! So what's your connection to the former Superman? You kind of have his face... You two relatives?"

"No, but I suppose you technically could make that argument. I'm actually his clone." Connor clarifies with a casual tone. The hostess' eyes light up and blink several times as if she couldn't quite process such a thing.