#4

It was nearly noon by the time the clone, now officially dubbed Connor Van Luthor, returns back to his designated CADMUS facility. There, awaiting him just beyond the entrance doors, stands none other than the director of CADMUS in its entirety, Amanda Waller. Dr. Kent and two other unfamiliar individuals are there with her, as well.

"Director Waller..." Connor mindlessly breathes out, caught off guard by her sudden appearance.

"Good morning, Superman. I hope you're ready to take off the training wheels today, because we may possibly have a global disaster on our hands. We need to act quickly." Waller shares on the spot, uptight in speech.

"What is it?" Connor asks.

"We have reason to believe that something supernatural – a peculiar abnormality – is coming. Bleeding into our very universe as we speak. Some time ago, I had Dr. Kent devise a device that could detect oddities that don't belong here. That project you were tasked with guarding the other day is one of them. Without going into trivial details, I'll cut right to it. I need you to board the Justice League HQ out in space, pinpoint the source of the disturbance with this–" Waller pauses briefly, handing over a radar-like device to the clone.

"And exterminate it. It is absolutely a threat and it must NOT leave that Watchtower."

"This device is able to detect something that far away?" The clone questions as he studies the mentioned object. From observing the screen, he gathered it found something faint, evident by the beeping dot giving off small waves of rings. Given how far away they were from the Watchtower, he imagined it had to be something to behold.

"That is correct. Time of the essence, so I'm sending you up there immediately."

"Do I just... fly up there, then?" He asks with an arching brow.

"If I knew what you were fully capable of, then perhaps. But no, I have a more convenient way to get you aboard that vessel. You really DON'T have time to waste. Shade, if you will." After answering the kryptonian, Waller turns her head and addresses one of her associates. An odd fellow dressed in formal clothing. His skin pale as the ashen moon. His eyes were concealed by round shades, and with him he carried an onyx cane. With but a mere gesture of lifting his hand at the kryptonian, shadows gather at the young man's feet. Accumulating into a mass that bypasses the limitation of its two dimensional reach, and begins to resemble a cloud of sheer darkness that continuously grows with every second. As if sinking into a narrow pit of quicksand, Connor finds himself being swallowed whole by that darkness. He instinctively struggles. Trying to pry his body loose and reach to get a grip of a surface, but he's inevitably consumed in all of his entirety. The last thing to be heard from him was a desperate gasp for air.

Instead of suffocating or being further restrained, the kryptonian finds himself somewhere peculiar. He moves just slightly with a step, and feels his foot connect with something. The sound of a mopstick falling against the floor rings out within the confined space just seconds after. 

"Where am I...?" He murmurs, soon finding his thoughts interrupted by the lively beeping from the device in his hand. Whatever he was sent here to find, it was definitely close by. The dot quadrupled in size since he was swallowed up and reappeared who knows where. 

"How do I–" Before he could finish that thought, the mechanical door he couldn't see suddenly peels open after he takes three steps forward. He treads outside cautiously, discovering he was within a corridor somewhere. Not only that, but upon further investigation of the window, that wasn't merely a painting of a starry pitch black night as he first thought, he discovers that he's actually in space. His free hand lifts to palm against the cold glass before him as he takes in the breathtaking view of the vibrant, great blue sphere known as Earth far off in the distance. His eyes wide as can be.