Dr.Kent's Backstory

My name is Jol-EL.
I hail from the planet Krypton; the one that used to reside in Universe (negative) 11.

Before I found myself making a new home on Earth, I was a scientist back on my home planet. A prodigal scholar, one of the finest minds our planet had to offer. No... I was thee brightest mind Krypton had to offer. The complacent fools... They relied on that AI, Brainiac, far too much. They worshipped it in a sense, and especially to a fault. When I discovered a grave abnormality at the planet's core and reported such findings, they were frightened. Quaking in their boots... They couldn't bare to swallow such a reality. Brainiac, oddly enough, gave them a false sense of security by declaring my findings were unlikely to be even remotely true. The council were all too eager to latch onto the AI's deceiving words. I pressed desperately to be heeded, to preserve the essence of Krypton to the best of our capabilities. Sadly, the pompous fools refused to listen to me. I was dismissed and stripped of credibility. I left their presence for the last time.

I had a husband... How shameful of me; I can barely recall what our years together were like. I think I did love him, but perhaps I was far more fixated on my research. Yes.. Yes. I recall now. We got a divorce. We talked about having a baby together several times, but I kept putting it off. I suppose it was for the best that we went our separate ways. I hope he met his end with at least a new lover in his arms. Yes, that's right. The planet met its end with a devastating implosion, just as I warned them. I, however, escaped within a pod I built months prior. I figured I couldn't be too prepared for complications. Good thing I did, him?

I ended up on Earth after a long venture through space. No, actually... I'm getting ahead of myself. First, my pod crash landed on the Earth's Sun. I would've certainly been consumed in relentless flames and unimaginable heat if my pod was of a much lower quality. I think... I was there for a week before I was awakened by the alarm system I implemented. The energy resources were reaching a critical low. The majority of it was used to maintain a protective barrier around the vessel. Luckily, there was just enough juice to safe relocate to the planet nearby.

On Earth, things were complicated initially. It was task learning its ways, but there was a very significant change in me that made the adapting both easier and difficult. Soon, I had an Earth name, legal documents, US citizenship, and I even became a heroic figure in the public eye under an alias. Superwoman. With new powers, it was difficult to ignore cries for help. At least at first it was. It was constant. My hearing picked up awful atrocities across the globe, all day and every day. I eventually learned to drown it out, though. I met other heroic figures different walks of life. Very interesting people. But they were all like overgrown children...

So many petty grievances and fights. Pride fueled their insanity, but at the time, we all shared the common goal of protecting the helpless. Ten long years went by... Good and bad things transpired. Martha, The Bat, had lost her lover, I stumbled upon a rejuvenating substance the eco-terrorist, Rhal's Al Ghul, often used to defy the degradation of time. I... acquired a pit of it for myself. Martha didn't approve, but I was the last of my kind. I had every right to preserve my being. I wasn't quite aware of infighting developing within our group, The Justice Guild we called it, but it was reaching a breaking point. The next thing I knew one day, Martha had killed Ocean Mistress and the Earth was being flooded somehow. Using the tech we acquired over the years of our endeavors, I was able to escape through a rift and into a new reality. To emerge onto an Earth like mine, yet different. The genders of my former associates were flipped for one.

I started a new and decided to embrace the field of science again. I obtained a job at Lex Corp, and was put on a special project. One I found quite interesting. It seems a collaboration was formed between Lex Luthor and CADMUS to create a clone of this Earth's lone kryptonian. A pity he died a little after my arrival. About two years later, I'd say.