#11

All has been well within the City of Metropolis since the ordeal with the negative-derived entity that sought to corrupt and distort reality on Earth. Now, things were easing back into its usual pace. Mostly peaceful and an occasional day out of the week of some mild degenerate causing trouble for the public. 

Today, the Terror Twins were out and looking for trouble this fine afternoon. A couple of super powered teens with an entitled outlook on life. And with Superman's death, old big blue, who in Metropolis could really stand up to the likes of them? There wasn't another notable known and heroic face to answer such a question - thus the siblings were wearing the biggest smug grins across the country while traversing through the Mega-A-Load Mall located in the west business district of the town. A four-level structure with a constant flow of customers flowing in and out daily. After all, it was a popular place for just about everyone, even loiters. 

"Hol' up, Tommy. There, that store right ova' there. The Jewelry one. I wanna' drop by for a sec." Tuppence informs her twin brother just as she lifts her right hand to signal at the taller blonde to stop in his tracks. She points toward the Ice & Pearls shop across from them with her left point finger, mindful to keep a good grip on her milkshake as she does. A brief indicator before she heads right forward it. Her brother trails behind.

"Anything for my lil' sister. Go right ahead, Tuppence." He the tallish male responds just before he takes another bite out of his double stacked cheese burger.

"D'oh, quit always actin' like your years older than me, Tommy! You came outta' ma only a halfa' minute before I did." She expresses her annoyance with his habit of treating her like a baby-sister when it was obvious they were the same age. 

"That's still halfa' minute of me being born first, Tups. Ain't no shame in having a big brotha' who looks out for ya." He smugly assures. His sister simply scoffs and rolls her eyes as she pushes the entrance door open, taking a swig from her straw once inside.

The sound of the mechanical bell going off immediate draws the shop owner's attention toward his potential newcomers. He nearly dreaded what came through his door... Teens, both dressed in punk fashion and giving off an aura of attitude in how they handled themselves. He internally prayed these two weren't actual delinquents.

"Uuhh... Welcome, welcome! Just so that you two know, you aren't really allowed to have food in here." The owner greets and tells the two as reasonably gentle as he could. However, the twins had little respect for rules.

"Now is that any way to talk to your customers? Don't get cha' undies in a bunch, fella'. We came to do more than just window shop." Tuppence retorts with a grin, approaching the display case and counter as she does. Already spotting sparkly accessories that get her blue eyes twinkling.

"The nerve of this guy here. Surprised ya even still have this joint runnin' with an attitude like that." Tommy chimes in. Another bite into his burger follows - one that results in a small gush of ketchup spilling onto the clean carpet floor.

"Ya preachin' to the choir, Tommy. But still, I can't deny I like what I'm seein'. Yeah.. That one right there. That shiny diamond earring. I want it." The sister speaks up again, pointing at the item in question in the display.

"You want it? You got it, lil' sis." Tommy tells her.

"O-oh? Great! But uhh.. You two know how much these merchandise cost, right? They're pretty expensive." The owner forewarns, though it only serves to annoy the two. Tommy comes marching over, abruptly reaching across the counter to reel the cashier into leaning far over the glass stand between them until there was only a fair distance between their faces.