10

We all sat in the living room of my parents home. It was cosy and felt so homely. There was a forest green three seater sofa with a matching love seat to the side of it. There was a cosy white rug in the middle of the room that felt so soft on your feet with a antique brown coffee table in the middle. The walls where all white except for one which was a grey feature wall.

Me and Carlos were sat on the love seat with Jordon sat on my lap. He was cutely playing with my hair which was unintentionally relaxing my nerves. I already loved him with all i had and i knew I'd protect him at all costs. I was telling my parents about what was going on through the past eight years of my life and I even explained to them about my powers that I just discovered. My dad suddenly became uncomfortable when I mentioned this.

"You're a witch," he sighed. He knew about the subject which shocked me. He glanced at my mother as if he was asking her permission to carry on his explanation. She nodded and took over.

"Your great, great grandmother was a witch too. It was something that travelled through our family and many others. One day though, werewolves felt threatened by them. They didn't like the fact that there were more powerful beings than wolves in the world so they hunted them down until only a few remained. Witches now live in hiding as some wolves still feel threatened by them. The same goes for warlocks." My mother explained.

I frowned. "But that doesn't make any sense. How are you and Poppy werewolves and I am a witch?"

My mother sighed. "Some witches hid their powers and mated with werewolves to dilute their bloodline. These children took the stronger gene, werewolf, and the witch side was either so diluted that it was unusable or only limited, such as a healer. They cursed their children to all have at least one witch in their offspring who was supposed to live in hiding. As the bloodline became more diluted, less people cursed their children until pretty much no one did. They just wanted their children to be like their siblings, werewolves. However, when your grandmother was told the stories she was determined to have her bloodline running strong so she cursed me. She was the last cursed child until you"

I absorbed the information and glanced at Carlos. "She's right" he nodded."I've read all of the wolf history books required for my alpha training. I remember reading about it and I also remember my father telling me a similar story."

I stood up and Jordon climbed onto Carlos who ruffled his hair. I smiled. I knew he was going to be a good father one day. I started pacing the room. "So now what?" I frowned. "What am I supposed to do from here? If everyone is going to want to kill me than I can't use these powers at all, but I don't have any control over when I do use them"

My mother shook her head. "That's not necessarily true. None of the witches had made it to Luna level before you. You are a Luna so you have the chance to make the world safe for witches again" My mother looked at me with a hopeful gaze.

Something suddenly dawned on me. Keegan. "Alpha Keegan is a Warlock. That's why he wants to mate with me? He wants to make the world a safe place for witches again."

Carlos snorted. "That is not what he wants. He only cares for power. He wants to become unstoppable. He's a problem"

My mother nodded. "What do you suggest we do from here alpha?"

It was his turn to pace now. "Well of course the main priority is to keep Eva safe. I'm going to call a meeting with my army and my fellow leaders. You are all of course welcome to attend."

Poppy interrupted. "Surely the priority here is to help her get a hold of her powers? She needs to learn how to control them so that she can protect herself. What if she has a rage fit again and reveals herself?" She directed her question to Carlos. She wasn't just being a protective sister, she was being a beta. Max, who was sat beside her pulled her hand into his and looked proud of her.