14

I drove home as quick as the car and roads would let me, howling down the country lanes at nighty miles an hour. Poppy winced every time I changed up a gear. I admit, I was trying to show off my driving skills to Carlos but I was also trying to get as far away from Keegan as possible.

As we neared our forest I noticed wolves running alongside the car. I counted twelve. They looked set on a goal, they didn't even seem to notice us driving next to them. I saw Carlos tense.

"Are they part of our pack?" I frowned, glacing at them in the wing mirror. I didn't recognise any of them.

Carlos shook his head. "They aren't. Just keep driving, love. They aren't in our pack territory yet, so there's not much we can do."

I shifted to a higher gear and put my foot down, going over a hundred. The wolves couldn't keep up and I saw them in the mirror, starting to fade into the distance. We all breathed a sigh of relief. Carlos was still tense, though, clearly not liking the fact that these wolves were so close to the pack.

We parked up in front of the pack house. I sighed and pulled myself out of the car. I was so tired and ready to go to bed. It was around one in the morning when we arrived. The drive back was a little shorter because I drove so fast, but it still took us around three and a half hours.

The atmosphere felt tense, and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I pulled one of my silver daggers from my boot. I glanced at the others who must've felt uneasy too because they all looked on high alert, ready to pounce.

Suddenly, a wolf came bounding out of the woods, running straight towards me with murder in its eyes. I reacted quickly as it ran at me, jumping into the air and landing on its back, stabbing my dagger between its shoulder blades. The wolf didn't even flinch and kept running. I frowned. What the hell? I looked down at the dagger poking out of its back, and my eyes widened as I noticed there was no blood. In fact, it looked as though its skin was healing around the dagger. I gasped and quickly looked around for an escape route. I had a gut feeling that this was something to do with Keegan or someone who was working with him. My mind went to Ira, but when I glanced at her, she looked just as shocked as the rest of us.

Carlos shifted and started running towards us, followed by his father. They caught up to the wolf and matched its speed, Carlos running on the left and Blake on the right. The wolf didn't even spare them a glance as it kept running, as if under strict orders. I didn't waste any more time being near this wolf, unsure of his intentions but not liking the direction this was heading in. I threw myself towards Carlos shifted form, landing on his soft, furry back. As soon as he felt me on him, he changed direction and started running back towards the pack house, trusting his dad to deal with the wolf. He allowed me to climb off of him before he shifted and headed into the pack house, pushing me in front of him.

"What the fuck was that?" He growled. "That was not a normal rouge. Something doesn't feel right."

I nodded. "The wolf didn't even flinch when I stabbed him and his skin healed around the dagger! It was silver, how the fuck does that make any sense?!"

I headed into the kitchen, sitting at the island, shortly followed by Ira and Poppy. Carlos grabbed some clothes from the coat closet and joined us. There was always clothes in that closet so no one had to walk naked around the house after shifting.

"That wolf had an enchantment on it. I felt it" Ira answered my question.

I huffed. "Keegan. Exactly as I thought. He's toying with us."

Ira nodded. "I think it is important now more than ever to train you. We will start in the morning."

"I don't think he is strong enough to launch a full attack yet, hence why he's been making little visits and sending his minions in. Maybe that will give us an advantage," Carlos noted.