15

The next morning I woke up at around six in the morning. I was struggling to settle all night. Thoughts of Keegan and attack plans were floating around my mind, making it difficult to relax. After around three hours of disturbed sleep, I finally gave up and decided to just start my day. I gently pulled myself from the bed, careful to not wake Carlos up. I could see how tired he was and I knew he needed the sleep.

I put on some exercise clothes, deciding that I would start my day with a run. I hadn't really ran much since my leg had healed and I was itching to feel the wind in my hair and the morning dew on my skin.

The snow had melted but it was still quite cold so I made sure to wear a breathable hoodie. As I ran, a gentle rain started to wet the earth and the trees, releasing the smell of the forest. I greedily inhaled, the smell reminding me of my mates woodsy scent. Even though I was running, I felt my body relaxing, my brain soothing and my heart settling. The anxiety of the past few weeks numbed and I felt free, powerful and hopeful. I knew that there was a way we would win this fight. I had faith in myself and Carlos. I knew he would run to the ends of the earth to protect me and I was stronger that I gave myself credit for.

I ran until I reached a stream in the middle of the woods. I splashed my face to cool myself down and cupped my hands, sipping the crisp, fresh, spring water. I heard the water splash lightly beside me and turned my head to see a beautiful grey wolf. Carlos. I smiled and reached my hand out. His big wolf head pushed into my hand, the lusciously, soft fur tickling me. I fussed his wolf for a short while until I heard bones cracking. I adverted my eyes to allow him some privacy and after a moment of shuffling I heard his velvet voice.

"Good morning, my love" He grinned at me when I turned my head to him.

He pulled me into him and hugged me close, inhaling my scent. I smiled, melting into him. We had been so caught up in the endless issues in our lives lately that we had barely given ourselves time to enjoy the little moments. We shared a soft but also passionate kiss that gradually got more eager and desperate. He lay us down on the flat rocks by the stream. His hands roaming all over my body, feeling every inch except for my most intimate places. He kissed down to my neck, licking and sucking at my sensitive spot, the spot that was to bare his mark. He pulled back and looked at me with lust and adoration in his eyes. There was a unasked question behind his eyes. He wanted to mark me. I smiled, nodding eagerly.

A thousand watt smile lit his face and he adjusted us to a more comfortable position and again captured my lips in a loving kiss that travelled from my lips, down to my chin until her reached my  neck. He kissed and licked along my neck, allowing soft moans to escape my lips and eventually his canines pieced my skin. I groaned at the pain and fisted his hair. The pain seared throughout my neck and into my veins but it didn't last long because it soon turned into pleasure. My head filled with his thoughts as well as my own.

"I love you," he whispered, looking deep into my soul.

I pulled him into another passionate kiss and I let his hands roam. He cupped my breast through my clothes and I chuckled.

"Why don't we take this back to our room?" I smirked.

As soon as the words left my mouth he had shifted and bowed his body so I could jump onto his back. I laughed at his eagerness and jumped on. I held on tight and he ran as fast as he could back to the house, eager to complete the mate bond. We giggled like a pair of teenagers as we jogged through the house to our room, locking the door. We kissed and he undressed me an item of clothing at a time. He was slow and allowed me all the time in the world to stop him. I didn't. He pushed me onto the bed and mounted me, lining himself up. Before he pushed in he checked with me one last time that I wanted this.