2

Evangeline:

The next morning I awoke to a woodpecker pecking its way through a tree. Anyone else would've been annoyed by the sudden wake up call but I felt blissful. I loved the nature and living amongst it was something I had become accustomed to as I spent more time sleeping in the woods than I did in motels.

I pulled a small travel stove out of my bag and melted down some snow to make myself a hot drink and used some of the water to clean the dried blood off of my leg and examined the injury. It definitely was in need of some stitches. I could only get supplies to treat the wound from the infirmary that would be in the middle of the pack, ten kilometres away from where I was. I decided not to risk it. I would just have to pray that my werewolf genes would help me heal quick enough to get out of there.

It was boring sitting in that tree for so long. I frowned. I couldn't stay there. I had to keep moving. I sighed and wrapped a clean piece of the shirt around my leg and reluctantly left the safety of the tree. I tried to avoid using my injured leg too much and eventually made it to the bottom. I pulled my long brown hair into a pony tail and hobbled further into the forest. I was crying out in pain and soon grabbed a long stick that was strong enough to support my weight to help me walk, well hobble. It had been two hours and I had barely made four kilometres. If i continued at such a slow pace I would never get out of there.

I hummed to myself to try and direct my mind somewhere else. The pain was almost over bearing and I was travelling at a dangerously slow pace. It was only a matter of time until I was found by the wolves within this pack. I was hidden in the under growth but there would be wolves scanning the entire area. Nobody really liked rouges and wouldn't rest well knowing one got away.

After four hours of walking I had made a further eight kilometres of progress. I had tired quickly and was in desperate need of some rest. I found some edible mushrooms within the forest and washed them with some water, eating them raw. Poisonous or not my body would be able to deal with it pretty well even though I didn't have my wolf.

I climbed another tree and settled myself amongst the branches again, falling into a deep slumber.

****************

I woke up a few hours later feeling pretty hungry. I tried to ignore the hunger and made myself another hot drink, trying to keep myself as warm as possible. I was wrapped up in a thick coat, scarf and gloves as well as some thick sweat pants but I was still cold. I tried to distract my brain from my current situation by thinking of worse ones I had been in and come out the other side alive.

I had experienced encounters with many ruthless and completely insane rogues. I had been at the mercy of them as they had beaten me for their entertainment. One time when I was younger, about fourteen, I was almost kidnapped by a rogue but a guy who I didn't know popped up out of no where and rescued me. He seemed to be about eighteen. He never told me his name or his age or anything about him for that matter. He just said "Get out of here kid, go back to your pack." That of course, stung like a bitch as I had no pack or family to go back to. My alpha had torn me away from them. He didn't even deserve the title of an alpha.

I suddenly heard voices and the soft crunch of snow beneath feet. I listened more carefully. Four males, that much was clear. Strong auoras too. They were muttering amongst themselves but I couldn't hear much of what they were saying. They got closer until they stopped at the base of my tree. I peered down at them, using the tree to sheild myself from their veiw. I could hear them more clearly now. 

One of them bent down. Dirty blonde hair, nicely cut and groomed. I didn't see his face but he was well built and I could see that through his winter jacket. I gulpeded. Uh oh. The rest of the guys looked slightly smaller than this guy but were clearly all strong people.