4

The next morning was similar to most mornings except I had asked Carlos to let me borrow some hair straighteners and a hair dryer so I could at least make myself look  presentable to the beta female. She would need to see a strong Luna not a messy pup which is what I felt like. I
needed to impress the beta female because I knew that's probably where the rumours would start from and if she knew I was weak she would surely raise her concerns. 

He borrowed the items from his sister and told me that she wanted to join the beta female to meet me which I understood as it had been almost a week since he found his mate and no one had met me yet. I said that was alright and prayed that it would be.

Carlos helped me into the bathroom so I could shower and I did so, somehow, without getting any water or soap into the wound on my leg. I wiped the condensation off of the mirror and gasped slightly at how gross I looked. My blue eyes were more a dull grey than blue and had dark rings around them and were slightly red from the lack of sleep I had been getting. It was hard to sleep here with nurses bustling around all night long.

My hair was down to my butt as I hadn't cut it in five years so was definitely in need of a haircut and had a slight natural wave to it. I sighed and continued to try and make myself presentable and when I was sure there was nothing else I could do I pulled on some clean clothes which fortunately but also unfortunately were Carlos' clothes. The pros were they were comfortable and had his scent all over them but the cons were they were too big on me and I didn't really look attractive.

I sat back on the bed and Carlos altered the electronic thing that made the bed go up and down and made it so the top of the bed was supporting my back. I gave him a grateful smile. I liked how kind and sweet he was.

Ten minutes later a girl with long brown hair and big brown eyes walked into the room with a grin on her face. I instantly knew that this was Carlos' sister because she shared a lot of his facial features. Her prominent cheekbones and love heart shaped face was similar to Carlos although Carlos had a slightly wider jaw. They also shared the same hair colour.

"Hello I'm Xainer, the sister" she grinned, causing a light chuckle to leave my lips.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Xainier. I'm Evangeline" I smiled.

She shook my hand and moved aside to let the other girl greet me. As soon as the girl came into view a gasp left my lips and I also noticed a gasp leave hers too.  She looked very different, radiant, but I knew it was her.

"Eva!" She gasped. "You're alive! You're okay!" She suddenly launched herself at me and pulled me into a warm hug which I gladfully returned. "We've been so worried about you this whole time! We never forgot about you" she sobbed.

Tears rolled down my own cheeks but I quickly wiped them away not wanting anyone to see. "I know. I didn't doubt for a second you ever would forget me" I told her, honestly.

Carlos chipped in, clearly confused.  "What the hell is going on?" He demanded, looking between the two of us.

I sighed as she pulled back and sat on the bed next to me, clutching my hand in comfort.  "Carlos this is Poppy, my sister" I announced.

The shock on his face was clear as day and he sat in the chair, clearly expecting an explanation.
I sighed.  "Take a seat Xainier. This is a long story."

His sister looked equally as confused and I sighed trying to think of a way to put it into words.

"When I was twelve my old alpha realised I couldn't shift and he believed that this made me weak. He tore me and my family apart and tossed me out of the pack like a piece of trash. My family were and I'm sure still are incredible people and were very supportive of me when they found out but I ended up being a rogue because I wasn't strong enough to be in the pack. It was my first time doing shifting drills and as everyone shifted I couldn't do it. I tried to remember everything my parents had been telling me but I couldn't shift. I didn't have a wolf. Ever since then I lived my life by stealing and selling valuable items from packs to be able to live."

I glanced up at Carlos and his face held pure anger. I looked around at the others in the room and realised they all held the same emotion. "What pack was it?" Carlos managed to growl out.

I sighed maybe this was a bad idea. "It doesn't matter Carlos. He's probably not the alpha anymore. I vaguely remember him announcing to the pack that his son was going to take over as he was sixteen when I left"

"It matters to me!" He growled making my eyes widen. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to raise my voice at you" He quickly apologised, thinking he'd scared me. 

I wasn't sure if telling him would be a good idea.  I wasn't sure if the alpha was still alive or not but if he was I had a feeling he would try and kill him and cause a war. Although thinking of the flip side, i didn't think he would jeopardise so many lives just for something that happened to a rogue so many years ago. 

I looked at my sister, Poppy, as if  asking her for help. She instantly knew what I was asking and she looked around the room at everything but me. I frowned. Why was she acting like that? She looked worried too. 

I gave her a weird look and turned back to Carlos who was starring at me expectantly. I sighed. "Black Forest"

 Poppy looked down looking guilty and Xainier along with Carlos drew in a gasp. "Black Forest?" he asked in disbelief. 

Of course they didn't believe me. Black Forest was the pack every wolf wanted to be a part of for it's history of how loving and closely linked they supposedly were. I snorted. 

"Yes" I nodded making it as clear as i could for him.

"No. That can't be right. He would never do that. Would he Carlos?"Xainier acted defensive toward the so called 'perfect alpha'

"I know it's hard to believe but I would never lie about this" I promised him anyway. 

Everyone was quiet for a moment, except for Carlos who was grumbling and growling to himself. Something seemed to finally snap in him.

 "I'm going to fucking kill that bastard!" Carlos growled, standing up so abruptly that he knocked the chair off its feet. It hit the floor with a loud clatter making me wince and before any of us could stop him he stormed towards the door and ripped it almost off it's hinges. 

"Carlos!" we all shouted after him at once.  

I pulled myself out of the bed, cussing at the pain as I hobbled towards the door and looked down the hallway to see his retreating figure. "Carlos!" I cried. I didn't know what was happening but I really didn't want to be the reason a war was started. 

"Luna!" One of the nurses gasped coming over to me and wrapping my arm around her shoulders to hold me up. "You should be in bed recovering!" 

"Someone needs to stop him!" I cried as I watched him turn the corner. 

"The beta and gamma have been linked, now please, come back to bed" The nurse sighed as I held onto the door frame to hold myself up. I thought the pain was supposed to get better not worse. 

The nurse beckoned another nurse over who put my other arm around her shoulders and the two nurses helped me back into the bed. The first one that came to me glanced at my leg and groaned as she saw blood begin to seep through the bandage. "You've made it re-open itself" she sighed getting the other nurse to put something over it to stop the bleeding and she went out, presumably to get stuff to fix it.

I looked between Poppy and then Xainier and frowned when I saw how pale she was. "Poppy help her sit down she looks faint" Worry seeped into my voice. 

"Are you alright?" I asked her when she had sat down and Poppy gave her a glass of water. 

She shook her head numbly and took a sip. "This pack is Black Forest. And the previous alpha who banished you is my father"

***************************************************************