IV

~Natalie's P.O.V~
"Sorry I can't come home... I want to celebrate it with my roommate." I sent the message to Darky. She asked if I will stop by and celebrate Christmas and unfortunately, I have to skip the home celebration. "Tell Aunt Mag that I can't come home, okay?" I sent another text. "Alright... I'll tell her" Darky replied. I ended the chat, telling her that I'll visit next year.

I had to told Darky about the bouquet but I didn't tell her about Ray. When she asked why I didn't tell who my roommate is, I gave an excuse that my roommate is new in town and very shy. She just laughed it off and that was a relieve. Speaking of Ray... he's not that of a beast now that he's basically harmless. I mean come on... the fact that I live in Czech, I bet that he didn't care if I'm a native or not back in the day and kept on with his raids.

Ray now is like a grandpa trapped in a man's body though he adapted pretty quick. He was really interested with internet and its features that I had to warn him about hoaxes. I did want to explain it to him but he knows what a hoax means. I just tell him to check other reliable sources if he ever comes across one. Ray threw a sass when he told me that he knows what a hoax is. Where or how did he even get those sass and sarcasm from?

Funny thing about Ray that after the first time he watched the series, he finished the rest of the season for two nights straight! He told me the story plot was almost exactly what the world would look like minus the... attractions of the characters though he was annoyed that the old version of him was killed because he committed treason. He even swore that he would never betray anyone. "Yeah... I'll be the judge of that..." I sarcastically replied. I'm pretty much experienced in that department.

I had a teaching schedule here the other day and the kids were amazed with Ray. They teased if Ray is my partner and I told them he's my roommate and he's new in town. The story I made up sounds really similar to the one I made for Wolf. Again, the difference was that I was reluctant about Wolf but now I'm totally fine with Ray.

Sometimes he calls me with his old friend's name. He said that I'm almost the same like her—-like the exact copy. From how I look to my personality. I asked if he believes in reincarnation and Ray told me that he's not too fond with mysticism. Ray added that one person who would believe is Wolf. Well, I watch over his books so... he didn't have to tell me for the third time.

Today, Ray and I are cleaning up the place. It was my idea since it's almost Christmas, I wanted the place look nicer. We took turns on cleaning and Ray had a small complaint on "subjecting himself into manual labor". I just told him to get used to it. I mostly did the organizing or Ray might find the things that I don't want him to see it yet. I have a plan to surprise them.

We just finished and we're doing the dishes for the last then the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I said to Ray and went to open the door. "Yes—-bwah!!" I fell backwards when I opened the door. "Ah! I'm sorry for startling you." I know that voice. I looked up, "Wolf? What are you doing here?" I couldn't believe he was actually standing on my doorway and I didn't forget to stand up.

"The little one wanted to have a holiday and we agreed to visit Czech." Wolf explained. He added that he wanted to stop by while they're staying in Prague and of course... Darky gave him my address. "Oh! Come in." I almost forgot to invite him in. Both of us walked in and he sat down. "Who's that on the door?" Ray asked from the kitchen. Crap! Why did I forget about Ray?

"Uhh... it's just a friend!" I nervously answered. "I'll be right back. Do you need anything?". "Glass of water is fine." I nodded and dashed to the kitchen. Ray was already finished when I got there. "A friend you say? May I meet them?". "No!" I instinctively shouted. "I-I mean not this one." I quickly corrected myself. "Why not?". "I... uh... just no. Not this one." I couldn't come up with an excuse.