IX

~Natalie's P.O.V~
"Ray's going to love this!" I excitedly went to the music shop. I just got back from another presentation and since today is Valentine's Day, I planned to give something different for Ray. Usually in Valentine's, I would give chocolates to my friends and James and I would go have dinner or watch a movie but this year we're not doing it. James never answered my calls or replied my texts.

I arrived at the music shop and went inside. Many string instruments are hung on the shelves with displays on drum kits and keyboards with variety of speakers. "Dobriý den." I greeted the owner and they greeted back, "Dobriý den. May I help you?". "Yes, I would like to buy a violin, please." I requested. "Which type would you like?". "The 4x4, please." The owner nodded and went to get the instrument.

About a minute later, the owner came back with four different colors of violin. Two are the original wood color with the other is slightly lighter, and there was a green-colored one and a white-colored one. "I'd like to try the white one, please.". "Alright, let me tune it first." Said the owner and adjusted the strings and turning it. They grabbed a sample bow and coated the hair with I think it's a wax resin.

"Here you go, miss." The owner handed me the instrument and I carefully take it. I placed the violin on my shoulder, just between my cheek and chin and I rested my face on the small platform on the instrument. I took the bow and glided through the strings for a sound test. The general tuning is slightly different from bass but I quickly got the hang of it. I played a part of an old song and it feels weird. This is my first time playing violin and I'm used to plucking strings with my fingers. Not softly sawing it with a horse's tail on a stick!

"What do you think?" the owner asked and I told them it sounds perfect. "I'll take this one!" I happily exclaimed and returned the instrument to be packed. The owner then explained the maintenance with the dos and don'ts especially the wax resin if only for lubricating the hairs on the bow. I nodded and the owner placed the instrument in its case. The color of the case was grey with black accents. It looks strangely familiar to Ray.

I've actually saved a spare money for this occasion and I paid the violin. "Dekuji." I thanked the owner and they thanked me back, "Have a nice day." I nodded and exited the shop before walking back to my apartment. I opened the door and hid the violin next to the couch before announcing myself, "Ray! I'm back!". "Natalie!" Ray happily greeted me back. "Perfect timing! I have something to show you." Sounds that he has a surprise too.

"Stay right there." he then went to get something and I sat down while waiting. "I'm back." Ray came back and he was hiding something behind his back. "And close your eyes...". "Alright." I closed my eyes and I felt him sat down next to me. "You can open your eyes now." Said Ray and I opened my eyes. He was showing me his new identification papers and I couldn't believe it! "It's your—-how did you get this?".

He told me that Klaus made it for him and Klaus picked the name "Ray Hardy", both of Darky and my nickname for Ray. "I know it's a forged document but I thought you'd be delighted to know." Said Ray and I told him that it's great news! He added that he also got a job as a guide in his old villa. "They were short on staff so I applied there." Ray added with a smug that he knows the place like he knows his own medals. I asked if anyone suspected him and he told me that people there thought he just looks strikingly similar. I giggled at his answer, "At least you're good." And smiled.

"And I have a surprise for you too~" I told him to close his eyes and I bent over to carefully take the violin case. "Here you go! You can open them now." Ray did and he was stunned when he saw the case. "Is this...". "Open it!" he opened the zipper and he was in disbelieve when he saw the white violin. "Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought that—-". "It's perfect." Ray had kissed my cheek. "It's the perfect gift. Thank you so much." He looked at me with a glad smile. "You're welcome! I knew you'd love it." I replied with a slight blush.