XI

~Reinhard's P.O.V~
The day Sunday has finally come and as promised, Natalie and I are going on a boat trip. Back in the day, I don't think I let the citizens here to enjoy the recreational areas here. Is this what Reichsführer Himmler meant that they deserve this peace?

"Are you finished, Natalie?". "In a bit!" she replied from her room. I wanted to wear my old uniform but Natalie suggested me not to wear it with the excuse that she's still worried that I might get caught. I told her that everyone knows who I am and as expected, Natalie didn't buy it. I ended up wearing a casual shirt under the bomber jacket we bought with jeans.

"Okay, I'm done!" Natalie came and she was wearing her favorite dark blue tee with a black skirt and honestly, I've never seen her wearing that before. "Ray? Ra~ay...". "Y-yes?" her hand waving on my face snapped me back. "Is something wrong?" Natalie asked. "I-it's nothing... my mind was lost for a second." Though I complimented her clothes. "It reminds me of the Administrator." I added. "Really? I thought you've move past her." She teased.

We had a good laugh then we went to the river. Natalie submitted the tickets she preemptively bought after we arrived and both of us got on board the boat. There aren't many visitors but it was enough for the passenger's list. "How often do you come here?" I curiously asked. "Whenever I have the time or when I'm bored." Natalie answered. "Though I usually just go to the bridge and enjoy the river flow with the view." And added.

"But you already know that." She nervously chuckled. I asked again which places Natalie most visited and she wanted me to guess. "Both?" I half answered. "Not quite." She pointed and corrected, "I mostly go to the bridge. It's calming to watch the water flow." She smiled to herself. She looked at me and somewhat figured something out, "Why did you ask? Are you jealous that I don't "visit" you often?" Natalie cheekily asked.

"You can say it like that." I felt there was a slight blush on my face while answering. "Well, you're already here and I feel that I didn't have to..." she then offered for me to try to visit the memorial again. "I'd like to try that." I responded with a smile. I think I'm ready to let that part of my past go.

The boat calmly sailed through the river and it was almost what I imagined all those decades ago. I wish she could see that I finally fulfilled the promise. "Hey, Ray..." Natalie called. "Yes?". "I'm sorry that I can't take you on an actual cruise. I can only afford this one." She apologized. I told her that she didn't have to and I actually enjoyed it. "Even if it isn't as grand as I expected, it's close to what we imagined seventy years ago." I smiled. "Then I'm glad that you enjoyed it." she smiled back.

I looked at her while she was enjoying the view and I gently put my hand on her cheek, guiding her to look at me and I leaned in to kiss her. I pulled away and Natalie was surprised. I apologized that I didn't mean to surprise her and she countered that best friends shouldn't kiss each other. I know that she was teasing me as usual.

"Though was that what you had in mind?" Natalie asked with a smirk. "Yes." I simply answered and we continued the rest of the boat ride. "Hey, Natalie..." I called her. "Yeah?". "I think I know who you sang that song for." I smiled.

~Natalie's P.O.V~
I finally got to do the boat ride with Ray today! I couldn't afford to rent a private cruise or I'd be broke but at least Ray enjoyed it. Though I didn't expect him to kiss me and I don't want to say if I enjoyed it or not. The boat sailed back to where we came and all of us got off. Ray and I then went to get something to eat. What a great Sunday morning.

Ray and I went to the memorial and it's another deja-vu for me. I just took Darky and Aunt Mag on the SAME trip, on the SAME day, and on the SAME route few months ago. Now I don't know if I want to send the selfie to Wolf again. "Didn't you say that you took your aunt and your sister on the same exact tour?" asked Ray, starting a conversation.