XII

~Natalie's P.O.V~
I feel great! After the wholesome Sunday of boat ride and dancing, Ray and I are much closer than before. And no, we're just friends. We sort of talked it out and we agreed to stay friends. I mean I did tell him that I had feelings for him though Ray was flattered, we made an agreement to keep our relationship strictly as friends.

Ray decided to wear his old uniform to work today and he told me that everyone in the villa wanted him to give the "complete truth". Though I'm guessing that he's finally comfortable enough to show himself. "So, the uniform is a part of your apology speech that your death resulted a massacre of Lidice?" I specifically pointed out. He confidently said yes and I knew he'd say that. At least Ray still keeps some of his old personality.

"You know this better than I do that my former superiors were fooled from a false rumor." Ray gave his counter point. I countered back, "Is that the reason why you dug out my notes as a part of your "apology speech"?". "Yes." He gave another short answer. "Of course..." I sighed a smirk while shaking my head.

Then I told Ray that I wanted to drive to work today. "Are you offering to be my escort for the day?" he teased. "Trying something new for once isn't bad..." I shrugged. "And you are the Obergruppenführer after all... this is the least I can do that you outrank me.". "Oh, stop..." Ray slightly blushed. "But thank you." Then smiled. Both of us hopped on the car after locking the door and went to the villa first to drop Ray off.

"I will see you in the evening, Obergruppenführer." I formally bid goodbye. "I will expect your arrival then." And so did Ray with a smile before walking to the villa. I waved and drove to the library. Andrew was surprised when he saw me parking my car. "Is there a special occasion for you to bring your car to work?". "Oh, I was just doing a favor for the Obergruppenführer." I honestly answered and I don't know why Ray wearing his uniform just rendered me to call him by his rank. "And yes, I am actually doing him a favor." Sometimes the three couldn't tell if I'm lying or not. "Good to know." Andrew nodded and I went inside.

"Morning, boss." I happily greeted Adrien and Mika too in Japanese. "Good morning, Izumi!" Mika greeted back while Adrien nodded and I started working. Work was fine but I think it looked a bit weird for Mika and Adrien that I'm in such a great mood today. "Looks like someone had a great Sunday..." Adrien butt in while walking over to my corner. Both Adrien and Mika really curious why I was in a good mood and I surrendered, "Alright... you guys caught me..." I held up my hands in defeat, "I did have a great Sunday..." and admitted.

I told Adrien and Mika about the boat ride and the surprise dance from Ray. "That is so cute!" Mika squealed and asked if there were any advances. "Well..." I timidly said yes and Mika squealed again in excitement, "I'm so happy for you two!". "Oh, shut up..." I shrugged her. "We're just friends and we agree with that." And clarified. She was disappointed with my answer and Adrien told her not to push me about it.

The three of us continued working then I got a call. It was only a number when I looked at the screen but I picked it up anyway, "Dízy?". "Is this Natalie Midner?" it was the current owner of the villa's voice. "Yes, I'm Natalie Midner." I confirmed. I asked if I can help them with anything and they told me to come to the villa immediately. "It's about Reinhard." I nearly dropped my phone when he said Ray's name.

I asked what happened and they told me that Ray told him to contact me if anything serious happened to him then Andrew came running in, saying that he heard someone talking about a shooting in the villa. "That's what I'm trying to tell you..." said the owner and I hung up then dashed out to my car. I pushed in the key, turning the car on and stepped on the gas, speeding my way to the villa.

When I got there, I wished that what the owner told me wasn't true. I got off my car then ran to the villa and there was a crowd. "Ray!" I called out while pushing my way through and Ray was there with James and he was attacking Ray with a gun, trying to shoot him dead. "James! Stop it!" I lunged myself at James to take his gun. "Leave Ray alone!" I shouted.