XIII

~Third-person P.O.V~
Almost a week after the incident, Natalie was forced to stay home and recover. Even though she told Reinhard that she's fine, Reinhard insisted Natalie to not to go to work until she is fully recovered. By insisted, Reinhard ordered Natalie and she had to obey. Adrien did tell Natalie that it's alright for her to take her time and not to push herself.

It was right to keep her under "house arrest' that Natalie had difficulties doing heavy activities with her right hand. "No heavy machinery they said... yet I'm not a lefty..." Natalie would say that to herself but she also sees it as an opportunity to train her right brain. She would always find other ways to make good use on unfortunate circumstances. Well... most of the time.

~Natalie's P.O.V~
Well! I got shot! Still can't get used with that. James was found out about the shooting and he pleaded guilty to avoid long prison sentence. He's now doing community service but his lawyer license was revoked so good luck on looking for other jobs outside the firm, you jackass! That's what you deserve for messing with the Obergruppenführer.

Speaking of Ray, he has been very persistent on taking care of me. I've told him that I can take care of myself and I can go to work but he did not take no as an answer and ordered me to stay home and recover or I would end up on the operating table again if my stitches somehow opened up. Though I think he's just traumatized that he got the bad ending but it's sweet of him for taking care of me.

It's almost a week now and when Ray told Darky the day after I got discharged, Darky and Aunt Mag were in front of my door just the next day! No, I didn't fell on my back like last time because Ray had answered the door and they've been staying ever since until I'm fully recovered. I don't mind them around but both Darky and Aunt Mag can be a bit overprotective sometimes especially that I'm in a serious injury like this.

"Now that I've seen it up close, I think I can understand what the three of you have been through." Said Aunt Mag to me and Darky. I think she's finally gotten used to Ray. "And the name he chose sounds similar to both of you call him...". "It was Ray and Klaus' idea..." Ray had changed the last name from "Hardy" to "Harding". "I hope my presence does not trouble you, frau Schwarze." Ray apologized and Aunt Mag told him it was fine. She was actually thankful that Ray took good care of her niece. "He's too good on taking care of me." I blurted.

"Though I think Ray is just traumatized that he got the bad ending even though he was expected to recover." I let out a smug after my sarcasm and Ray warned me that he could just give me a light slap on my right shoulder. "Okay, okay I'm sorry." I quickly apologized though I wasn't wrong about it. When Darky and Aunt Mag came, they gave me a bouquet of carnation, lavender and jasmine. Darky said that the bouquet means healing and recovery and it does make the room smell nice.

Darky then asked if I told Wolf about the incident and I instinctively said no. "Both of you are already here and I DO NOT want to concern him." I can already imagine what Wolf would react just like dad if either of them found out. That's why I intentionally didn't tell them. "I have to agree with Natalie..." said Ray and he backed me up, "Both of us don't want another "reprisal" from this petty reason of an incident.". "Good one, Ray." I understood the joke.

"H-Hardy said that H-Henry gave you a surprise visit.". "Yep." I clicked my tongue. "I literally fell on my back when I opened the door." And added. I told her what happened that day and I didn't miss out my small wrestle with Ray that I didn't want the two see each other just yet. "But we did." Ray chimed in. "She is surprisingly strong on holding me down." and added. I teased him, asking if he wants to be smacked by a pillow again and he said no. "But it was nice to see an old friend again after a long time." Ray smiled but Darky and I were worried with what he said.

"Is it wrong of me to say it?" he playfully taunted us and I had nothing to counter him. I'm starting to forget Ray's sassy side and I want to blame it to me and the Administrator. "A-and I think H-Hardy s-still owe me s-something." My sister reminded and Ray remembered. "It started when your sister and I first met and I immediately remembered of my old friend." He started. "I-is Natalie the same a-as your f-friend?". "I'm basically her modern day clone." I answered.

Ray then told us about the Freitag siblings and even though I already know the story, I always enjoy listening to it. He was particularly proud of their first and only collaboration when Benito Mussolini first visited Germany. I do wish that I could sneak in and watch them perform but I think I would've been caught and sent to one of the camps or executed for sneaking. But I would also have the opportunity to see for myself how Wolf was back then.

Ray continued that during the Second War, he and the Administrator had less time that it was hard for them to hang out outside work. "We did had some time even when I was moved to my old villa but—-". "That was their last dinner together." I took Ray's thunder with a proud smug. He sighed in defeat and said yes. "You can ask Natalie how Operation Anthropoid happened.". "But it's from your assassin's point of view! We want to know from your side of the story." I begged.

"I think I might have forgotten how the event went." There he goes again with his innocent act. Darky giggled and told us that it's fine. Ray then asked to show them the pic and Aunt Mag asked what he meant. "Ray and I had a day together and it was his idea to take this..." I pulled out my phone and showed them the photo. "You can see an apparition there." I joked about Ray pretending as a ghost in the pic.

"There he is!" Darky pointed and we laughed. I told them that Sunday was the exact route that I took my sister and my aunt on the trip. "Must've been a lovely trip then..." Aunt Mag cheekily smirked at me and Ray and we blushed. Aunt Mag then teased that we could be a great couple, "Both of you got along very well and not to mention that Natalie knows a lot about Reinhard." She didn't have to point out how chivalrous Ray is just because he's from a different era.

"Nah... I wouldn't be that bold..." I tried to shrug it off. "Really? Your sister said that you have a crush on your roommate.". "Darky!" she really can't give me a break. "I would agree..." Ray's words surprised me. "But it's best to let her choose. Natalie just went through another heavy experience.". "I guess you're right, Reinhard." Aunt Mag sighed a smile and it relieved me.

Darky then lightly nudged me, asking if it feels a bit different. "Yeah..." I giggled. "Wolf would usually say that both of us are right and now I sometimes say that Ray might be right.". "You know I am." Ray showed a smug on his face. "Oh, shut up, Ray." I rolled my eyes. "Ah... lovers' quarrel." Aunt Mag then took the last laugh.

Darky and Aunt Mag stayed for another two days and on the last day, the four of us went strolling around Bohemia-Moravia. It was fun and I'm glad that Aunt Mag got the chance to know Ray. "Thank you for coming over and the extra care, you two." I thanked them. "W-we're glad to h-help!" Darky happily replied. Aunt Mag thanked Ray for taking care of me and he replied that he's just returning the favor that I've been taking care of him.

"Still... I greatly appreciate it, Reinhard." Aunt Mag smiled and Ray nodded. I told them that I'll visit again next month and they will always expect my arrival. "We'll see you later then, Natalie.". "See you too, Aunt Mag... you too, sis." I smiled and they left while Ray and I waved. "Hey, Ray..." I called. "Yes?" just as he turned his head, I kissed him. I could feel he was surprised but he returned the kiss.

"And what was that for?" Ray asked after I pulled away and I told him that it was as a thank you. "I've been thinking of that for a while." I nervously admitted and Ray chuckled.

A.N : Here's the final chapter! Sorry for being away for so long. Had to give myself some time off from final test and I finally got to go on a date with my boyfriend. I'm finally glad that I can finish this book and I hope it won't get purged again like its previous two. I've been extra careful and again, this is just all for fun and anyone who's associated I beg you... please do not sue me. Hope you guys enjoy and I'll see you in the closing note!