chapter 2: proposal

Shivani's pov:

It's 9.00am and 'rajiv' (my brother), dad and i were having breakfast and my mom was serving us.

" Me and your masi are going for shopping today, want to join us?" My mom asked me while serving me poha.

"No, I'm going out with my friends." I replied, seriously shopping is not my forte. I don't know why girls love shopping so much and here i get confused over everything i see, they seems perfect at the store but at home i don't like them. So i let my mom shop everything for me. I love her choices. One of them is my dad.

"Friends? Plural, you know right that a single person is called as a friend not friends." My brother joked.

"I know when we should use singular or plural, you idiot." I replied bitterly.

"Language shivani, you cannot call your brother idiot." My mom scolded me.

"Then ask him to buy some brain." I replied and glared at rajiv. And he just laughed it off.

"So where are you going with your friends?" This time my dad asked me.

"Dad, i don't know, aditi said she'll pick me up at 3.00pm today. And don't ask like it is impossible for me to have more than one friend." I replied.

"Come home before 6.00pm." my mom said.

'i don't even want to go.' i muttered to myself.

"Okay, mom." I said. Then my dad started to ask my brother about his volleyball match, which is in the last weak of this month. I silently ate my poha. After we finished our breakfast, my mom took our plates and went to kitchen then my father slid something to my side. I looked up at him then at what he slid. It were two notes of Rs.2000.

"Don't tell your mom. Enjoy your dayout." He said and kissed me on my forehead.

"Thank you, dad. I love you." I replied and hugged him. What? I'm only 14 so i totally depend on my dad's money, my mom gives us money only when it's necessary like stationery and all, and according to her 'roaming with friends, spending money in cafes' is not a necessity. My father left to police station, he is the 'Deputy supredent of police'.

____________________________

"Shivani, hurry up!" Aditi shouted.

"Coming." I answered, took my phone from charging and left.

"Finally, i thought you changed your mind." She said. She was sitting at the back of her cousin's activa.

"Shut up!" I rolled my eyes irritatingly and then i stopped and thought 'how i'll go if she is sitting on her cousin's activa' so i asked her "and tell me where and how are we going?" All this time i could feel her cousin staring at me. 'God it's so irritating, i hope he won't ruin my day. Please God.' i pleaded internally.

"Oh yeah, i forget to introduce you to my friend 'Rahul'." She said pointing at a boy, who was on his bike. Then she introduced us. "You'll go with him." She said. ' I'll go with a stranger.' i thought, but decided to go with him because my other option was her cousin.

"Navya? Isn't she coming?" I asked to aditi.

"She'll meet us at cafe." She replied. Then i sat on Rahul's bike and glanced at aditi's cousin 'rishi' he muttered something under his breath and started his activa. Rahul started his bike too and took off to 'i don't know where'.

_______________________________

We reached at cafe about fifteen minutes ago and now we were discussing about the order. And by we means aditi, navya and rahul. Rishi was silent and maybe a little nervous too about something, i don't know the reason but his nervousness was clear, which was a little weird as he's always talking or should i say flirting. To avoid the awkwardness i focused on Aditi and her friends and decided to start a talk. " How do you know Rahul bhaiya? He is our senior and I've never seen him talking to anyone at school." I asked Aditi avoiding the smile crept on Rishi's face because i called Rahul as bhaiya (brother).