chapter 3: Sketching him.

Shivani's pov:

Monday morning is my worst enemy. I want to kill that person who started working on Monday. It was hard for me to get up from the bad and get ready for school then come to school , but i made it. I was going to my class worried about how aditi would behave with me? Maybe she won't end our friendship. right? She was my best friend and i didn't want to loose her. When she entered this school in the start of this class she sat on my bench and talked to me, we became friends just in one day. I hoped she'd forgive me, and entered my class, placed my bag on the bench. suddenly someone hugged me from behind. I was familiar to this hug and for the first time i turned around and hugged her back.

"I'm so sorry". She said while crying silently. Her tear dropped on my shoulder." I swear, I didn't know he was going to propose you, I'm so sorry. I called you, texted you but you didn't reply. You must be angry with me, i know. Please forgive me. I know i was selfish. I won't do anything like that ever again, i promise." She said all this in one breath. It took me a while to process every thing.

"No, I am sorry, i know you must've been stuck in brother or bestfriend situation and i left you there. And my phone was silent so i didn't know you called me, after i reached home i got busy and then slept without looking at my phone. I didn't thought about you I'm so sorry." I replied. And then she looked up at me.

"So you are not angry with me?" She asked.

"No I'm not. And please wipe your tears you're looking terrible, if satwik saw you like this then it would be your last breakup." I said. And she slapped my arm playfully then wiped her tears. We went to the washroom she managed herself, looking in the mirror.

_____________________

Our third period started. It was our history class. The teacher came to the class and started writing the names of Mughal rulers on board. A knock came from the door. And everybody looked at door. There was standing Rishi.

"Mam, may i come in?." He asked to the teacher. And teacher nodded her head and gave him permission to enter the classroom. "Mam, The HOD mam was looking for you." He informed.

"Okay" mam replied to him, looked toward us."Class do your work and don't make any noise. I'll be back in a minute." She said and left the classroom. But he was still standing there, staring at my side. I remembered his yesterday's complement and blushed. He came to my class daily, asking for chalk, duster etc. He was the monitor of his class. He left after one or two minutes.

"Do you like him?" I heard aditi, asking me with confused expression.

"What? No" i replied. "Why are you asking that?" I didn't tell her about my teeny tiny crush, then why was she asking me?

"You know, you're a terrible liar. Your eyes lit up the second you saw him and you were blushing." She reasoned. "God, how i didn't even notice it before." She said.

"Shush, why are you trying to tell everyone?" I shushed her before anybody could hear her.

"So it's true. Right." She didn't question. She exclaimed.

"Yes, but you can't tell anyone." I warned her and she nodded her head in excitment.

"Tell me everything about it. And bitch you didn't even tell me, your bestfriend." She raised her eyebrows, trying to intimidate me.

"I didn't tell anyone, it's just a crush." I reasoned.

"No, its not. The way you were looking at him said something different. Now tell me." She asked again.

"I'll tell you later, i promise. Now close this topic please." I said, and focused my gaze to the open book placed on my desk.

"I think you should propose him, i bet he was looking at you." She whispered and the thought of him looking at me made me blush. I turned my head in her direction.

"I don't know, if he rejects me then what will i do, i wouldn't even be able to ignore him because he's my relative." I said sadly.

"You are overthinking." She said. "Maybe he's a coward like you, what if he's waiting for you to make a move. So make your move before it's too late." She said. Then i turned my head to the door. Teacher entered the class and started her Mughals lecture, teaching about the Mughal emperors and their ruling eras. I didn't like history. It bored me. Actually i didn't like study at all. I'm not very good at class but I was a disciplined student so every teacher liked me. School ended soon and we left for our respective homes.

______________________________

I was watching a turkish drama in the evening, laying down on my bed. In the drama, a girl proposed her childhood bestfriend, he accepted her proposal and kissed her. My thought difted to aditi's words. And i thought 'maybe he's waiting for me to say it. Maybe he's actually shy. Maybe i should make the first move. I'm today's girl there is nothing wrong in proposing.' I thought about it over and over again and decided to propose him tomorrow.

"But how will i do it?." I asked myself. I'd watch do many dramas but nothing seemed right way to propose him. I wanted it simple and memorable because I couldn't afford to book a restaurant and decorate it then make him come there, propose him. It was out of my budget. I took my laptop and started searching on Google. Still couldn't find any good idea. Then a knock came from my door. "Come in" i said without looking at door.

"What are you doing." My brother barged inside my room and set on my bed. Before i could open my mouth, he spoke again,"mom and dad are waiting for you at dinner table." He said and i nodded. I closed my laptop and stood up from my bed.

" Shivani, how are you? I realised we don't spend time together anymore." He said, trying to be extra sweet but i knew why he was suddenly worrying about me, typical Indian brother.

"What do you want? " I asked. He opened his mouth to say something and then closed it.

"My mam gave me this sketching project and you know how great my sketching skills are. So i was thinking if you could help me. I'll do anything you want in return." He said.

"Okay, I've two conditions." I replied.

"What?" He asked

"A. Say please, B. Take it as a favor which you have to return in future when i ask for." I demanded. He muttered something under his breath.

"Okay." He replied and i raised my one eyebrow, waiting for him to say the word. "Please, behna." He said in not so pleading tone.

" When is the deadline." I asked.

"Next Monday, before pre-exams." He replied. Then we went to the dinner table and i returned to my room, after taking the project file from my brother. I started sketching a girl who was sitting near the bank of the river. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind.

"what if i sketch him, and gift it to him. That'll help in my proposal." i thought and placed my brother's project file aside. "it can wait." i said. And took my drawing pad, pencil and other stationery. I started sketching his face. It took me three or four hour to sketch him. It was 1.00 am so I decided to sleep, thinking about tomorrow or should i say today, i drifted to sleep.

______________________

Keep supporting and commenting.

Thank you.