chapter 4: Beating around the bush

Ransh's pov:

It's Monday today and I'm excited as always. Why? Because i'll get to see her. I waited eagerly for weekend to end soon. She studies in class eighth in my school. I'm planning to propose her but i can't because my bestfriend doesn't know about it. First i need to ask for his permission. I know it's my life and i can do whatever i want with it, but he's my bestfriend, brother from another mother. I love him more than my life so i have to tell him and ask for his permission. I know at first he'll be angry but as he loves me too, he'll give up at last. So today i decided to have the talk with him. And if he agrees then I'll propose her tomorrow. I'm not a shy type boy, i do anything without any hesitation so it's not hard for me to propose a girl, but it is hard for me to talk about all of this with Rajiv. I don't know how he'll react and how to start the conversation.

So here I'm am, pacing inside my classroom waiting for my brother. My wait was over as he entered the class, hugging me in a friendly way, i hugged him back, he placed his bag on the bench.

"Hey bro, i wanted to talk about something." I said hesitantly. He turned toward me, a worried expression forming on his face.

"Everything's okay?" He asked.

"Yes, yes. Infact everything's great." I replied, cracking a smile, which was the wrong idea, i realised later.

"Tell me." He said.

"Umm, I.." i was about to say it but the bell rang. I sighed and said, " we'll talk later, after school." He nodded and we left to the playground for prayer. I just hope he won't be angry with me. I decided to talk after the coaching, while playing volleyball with him in my playground. He's more relieved while playing volleyball, he loves volleyball like his girlfriend, not that he has a girlfriend but still, if he had one he'll love her from his soul. He's a Forever type man. So he's waiting for her. For me, it's not forever. Nothing is forever, who loves the same person forever. I know I'm attracted to her and i want her to be my girlfriend, but saying that I want her as my life partner would be the waste of words, and I'm the man of my words so i never promise something which i can't do.

Our third period bell rang, I was coming back from the washroom when the HOD mam called me, standing near her cabin door.

"Yes mam, you called me." I asked.

" Inform Natasha mam to meet me in my office." She said.

"Okay mam." I said and left from there. Natasha mam means history teacher of junior classes. And she must be teaching class eight right now. ' what a luck' I thought, and went to class eighth. I knocked on the door, " may I come in mam?." I asked. And mam nodded her head, granting me permission to enter the classroom. "Mam, HOD mam was looking for you." I informed her and then she turned to class ordered them to do their work in silence. I stood there for two or three minutes and glanced at her seat. She looked at me for a second and then turned to her friends, talking about, I don't know what. I came back to my class. The rest of the day went well. I came back to my home and thought about how I'll start the conversation with Rajiv. I changed my clothes and went to coaching.

_______________________

Our coaching ended, Rajiv and i, were standing in the parking area, near my bike. His dad, being a DSP didn't allow him to have bike till class 11th . After 11th, he'll get his learning license then only he can have his bike. I, always being a rule breaker, didn't care about it, but I'm not allowed to take bike in school, they ask for license for parking. So i use bike outside of school.

"Want to play volleyball?" I asked Rajiv.

"Always ready to play volleyball." He replied with a smile. I sat on my bike and started it, he sat behind me, then i rode to my home.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked, picking the volleyball from the ground and moved towad the volleyball court.

"When?" I asked. And moved to other side of the court

"In the morning, at school. Remember?" He said, raishing his one eyebrow.

"Ohh, yes. I remember." I said. He threw a ball in my direction and I joined my hands together then pushed the ball to the other side. But he stopped and stared at me. "What?" I asked.

"You want to talk about it or not." He said in an annoyed voice. " Leave volleyball, come here and tell me." He order me and patted the spot on the ground where he was standing. I went near him and sat on the ground.

"Promise me!, you won't be angry." I asked with a worried face.

"Now you're worrying me."he said. "Talk already, since when did you start, beating around the bush." He asked annoyingly. I told him everything in one breath. He was shocked and didn't say anything.

" If you don't want then I'll not propose her." I said.

"No, you can do whatever you want, it's your life but I'm just worried, you know how I feel about her." He said.

" I know, that's why I told you everything before proposing her, otherwise I would've already proposed her." I said.

" If that's what you want, then okay. But I hope it won't change our friendship. I don't want to break our brotherhood." He said, and I hugged him.

__________________________

I completed both, my classwork and my homework, started to read the next chemistry chapter 'structure of atom'. My sir will start this chapter after two or three days but I had free time so I decided to prepare it in advance. What? You didn't think that a boy like me, will prepare for a chapter in advance. Well, you're wrong. I love to study, this is why I'm the monitor of my class. But I don't like to talk about study, I keep it to myself. My grades are enough for me to show my knowledge.

I yawned, seriously chemistry is the most boring subject. I love physics and math. Sometimes biology too, you know why. Kidding, I don't like biology too, it consists too many heavy words for my brain to digest. I only like the chapter 'why do we fall ill'. After reading this chapter, I started comparing every disease symptoms with myself, and thought I had every disease including STD. Funny I know, but you can't blame me, try Google your symptoms of normal cold, and Google may lead you to some serious diseases.

My pre exams are in next weak, which reminds me of my drawing project. 'God, how I'll do it. I can't even draw a straight line, and I don't even know anyone who could draw for me.' I said to myself. I have to find someone who could do it for me. I yawned again. I closed my book and went to bed. Tomorrow's either going to be splendid or disastrous. 'Please god let it be the first one.' I prayed. I didn't prepared for the proposal. Preparing to propose someone is too much cliche. I'm a straightforward person so I decided to go and say my heart out loud, that's it. With this thought in my mind I slept.