chapter 10: your one and only Romeo.

Shivani's Pov:

It has been one month since I joined St. Mary school again. I was happy because I have so many memories here. I studied here my whole life so no RSM could compete with it.

Today our principal Mr. Raj Singh Sharma announced the  Head boy/girl and house captains.

Ransh was announced as the head boy and I was the head girl. There were some students from class 9th to 12th who were the captain and the vice captain of the four houses and some other  students were the cultural, sports and other volunteers. Our principal congratulated us and after some time we were instructed to go back to our classes.

While leaving the assembly hall, I heard a voice behind me."Hey! Congratulations." I turned toward the source of the voice. There was standing a boy whom I don't recognise.

" Umm.. thank you." I replied with hesitation. Then I saw a vice caption blue badge on his shirt. " And congratulation to you too." I said with a smile.

"Nishant Mishra, class 10th." He said, forwarding his hand toward me with a smile.

"Shivani Rajput, class 11th." I replied and took his hand for a handshake. I looked behind him there was standing Ransh. He was looking at me. It has been one month since I have joined this school and all I'm getting from him is continuous glares. I don't know what is his problem, he never talks to me whenever we are alone and he keeps glaring at me when I'm talking to others. It is hard for me to understand him so I ignore him and try not to think about him which is a total waste as I'm currently thinking about him.

"It's nice to see a beautiful headgirl in the school." Nishant said in a friendly way.
Usually I don't like this type of comments from boys but he seemed to be different.

"You know you're younger than me, right." I asked with a smile.

"So what? I was telling the truth." He replied.

"Yes, you're right. You know what maybe We can be the next priyanka and Nick." I said with a wink and then I glanced behind Nishant and saw Ransh going back to class.

"Uhh, slow down your horses girl. I already like someone infact I love her. But believe me if I haven't met her before then we definitely could be the next priyanka and Nick." He said.

"What? I almost named our children." I said with a fake shock expression and he laughed.
"Btw, may I know who's that lucky girl." I asked him.

"Your friend 'Aditi'." He replied.

"Oh that's why you congratulated me because you want me to play cupid and I thought you wanted to be my friend. How mean.." I fake cried.

"No, no I want to be your friend infact I like you as a sister. Ever since you joined this school I always see you around her then I got to know that you two are bestfriends and you used to study in this school two years ago. I admire you. Your friendship seems real as if you both are sisters. And that is why I talked to you. I would like to be your friend. But you being her friend is the plus point. I can't deny that." He said and I smiled at his honesty. I wanted to talk to him more but the bell rang and we had to go back to our classes but we promised to talk later.

"Hey Aditi, Do you know Nishant?" I asked aditi and drank water from my water bottle. We were on the playground as it was our games period.

"Nishant, who?" She asked, diverting her eyes to the playground after taking water bottle from my hands.

"Blue House vice captain, class 10th." I replied. Her expressions changed after hearing his discription and I couldn't understood why? so I decided to find out.