chapter 12: can I have your number.

Shivani's Pov:

" Best of luck" aditi said and hugged me.
It was our Sanskar bharti opening day and I was going to perform on Ganesh Vandana.

" Go and shine beautiful." said Nishant.

"Thank you both" I replied and smiled at them. Just then our group's name announced and we five girls went to the stage. I guess we performed well by the cheerings and clappings we recieved. Aditi hugged me as soon as I came backstage.

"You did great beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off of you." Nishant said and I rolled my eyes. "Believe me! You danced so gracefully. In future when you become a professional dancer, I'll be the first in line to get your autograph." He said and I laughed at him but I could feel something burning near me.

"And still I would make you wait for hours." I replied and he laughed.
"Umm water bottle??" I asked aditi.

" Wait a sec, I'll bring it." She said and went to get the bottle.

" You're overdoing it." I said to Nishant. He raised his eyebrows in confusion and I glared at him.

"Ohh, no no, I wasn't trying to make her jealous. I appreciated you for real." He said.

"Whatever...." I said.

"Yaar, I can't do this anymore." Nishant whinned.

"What??" I asked.

"I can't ignore her anymore. I've been ignoring her for more than two weeks and you don't know how restless I was feeling these days. It's so hard for me to stand near her and not talk to her. Please!! do something." He said.

"Okk I'll try to talk to her. I don't like to see her pissed and angry. But she's being adamant. Why can't she just accept that she likes you too?? Whenever I try to talk about you she just changes the topic." I said. Just then Aditi came with the water bottle and gave it to me.

"Do you want to eat anything??" Nishant asked me.

"Yess I'm Famished." I replied.

"Okk and um.. Aditi do you want anything too??" He asked Aditi hesitantly.

"No, thanks.." she replied. He nodded and went to the canteen.

"Why don't you like him??" I asked aditi while taking seat.

"Who??" She asked, sitting beside me.

"Nishant, you don't talk to him like others." I said.

" There is nothing like that. He's your friend not mine." She replied.

"So according to you, If you do make any friends in future I shouldn't talk to them." I asked.

"No, no that's not what I meant. I mean.." she said.

"Okk leave this, it's your choice if you don't want to talk to him, I can't force you." I said and she nodded.

" Um.. how close you two are??" She asked looking anywhere but me. I smiled at that as I could smell jealousy.

"You should ask him that." I replied . "By the way, what do you think about him?? I'm mean if he's good to date or not." I asked.

"As if that matters. You didn't listen to me when I warned you about Ransh and now.." she was blabbering and stopped when she realised what she has said. " I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." She apologized.

In the meantime Nishant came with our food and gave it to me first then he offered food to Aditi but she denied, he took out Kitkats from his pocket and offered it to Aditi and me. I accepted it happily but Aditi denied again. "You didn't want food so I thought.. please!!" He pleaded again.

"Come on yaar Aditi, what happened to you?? When did you start having second thoughts for accepting kitkat." I said and she took it from his hand. After some time, Aditi and Nishant went to their respective duties.
I changed my outfit into school uniform and returned to my duty.
___________________

"We need to distribute water bottle and refreshments." Ransh came to me and said. It was almost the end of the day. I nodded and went with him to the stall which contained water bottles and refreshment boxes.

Ransh was distributing water bottle and I was distributing refreshments.

" Can I ask you something?" Ransh said while doing his job.

"No!!" I replied while distributing boxes.

"What happened to you?? You used to be so sweet."

"Some people don't deserve sweetness."

"Did I do something?? I don't remember doing anything bad to you but if I ever did then I apologise."

"What do you want Ransh?? You read my messages and still denied that you read them when I asked you. And you want me to be okay with that." I said as I was getting irritated.

"No, this is not what I'm talking about and you know that. You've been like this since you came back from Mumbai and I want to know why?"

"You need nothing to know. Not everything is about you Ransh. So do me a favour and stay away from me."I said in anger and he watched me for some time then stayed quiet. We continued our work.

"Thank you for the water bottle." A girl from the other school said to him.

"Welcome" he replied.

"Hi!! I'm anya."  She introduced herself while forwarding a hand.

"Ransh" he replied and shook her hand.

"Can I have your number or Insta I'd. Whichever you prefer."

"@Ransh_11.7 and 8905*****0 " came the voice. We looked in the direction of the voice there was standing Rajiv, my brother. 'great now my brother has started a matchmaking business.'

"And you're??" She asked.

"I'm Rajiv. His best friend." My brother replied.

"Wow this school got very handsome students." She whispered to herself then She took out her phone and said "Care to repeat. I don't have a photographic memory.

"Not my number, Rajiv." Ransh said, glaring at my  brother.

"Can you please keep it outside the stall. Others are waiting in line to get refreshments." I said, getting irritated with this whole situation. "And greetings to you brother, thank you for noticing me." I said to my brother in a sarcastic voice and he just rolled his eyes.

Ransh  turned his head towards the girl and said "Sorry, but I don't give my number to strangers. You can have my insta I'd."
He gave his profile details and the girl left after following his account and she asked for my brother's account too.

"Really Rajiv, how can you give my number to a stranger??" Ransh said in anger and hit him in the arm.

"Ouch.." bhai  whinnied and said "I'm doing you a favour. How long are you going to sulk over Sana?"

"I am not sulking over her. I dumped her, remember? "

" Then give others a chance. She was clearly interested in you but you showed no interest."

"Bhai  from where I saw she was checking you out too. So she might be interested in you too. And if you're going to chit-chat then do it while doing some work."I said and gave him a cartoon of snack boxes.

"Oh that reminds me why did I come here. Dad called me to inform that driver bhaiya won't be coming to pick us up today. So Ransh will drop you home."

"What?? No, I can go by myself."

"No, you can't."

"Why?? I'm old enough to go by myself."

"This is what you think. But for me you're my baby sister so you are not going alone and the only person I can trust you with is Ransh. Ransh that won't be a problem, right?" Bhai asked him and he nodded his head.

_____________________

So this is it for today guys. I hope you enjoyed. Sorry for any mistakes I didn't get the time to recheck so forgive me.
Do share your views.