chapter 6: leaving city?

Shivani's pov:

20 days later:

Today is my last exam of this session, soon I'll be promoted to the class ninth, but I'm not excited for my next class because I want to leave this school. It hurts me when I see them together, holding their hands while talking to each other, during lunch time in my class. Why can't she go to his class during lunch? Ohh, did I forgot to mention, she accepted his proposal, the day he proposed her, and now they are the lovey dovey couple of this school. I've decided to move on, but I can't move on if I'll see them around every time I decide to not think about him. So I talked to my bua's daughter, 'Avni'. She is my childhood bestfriend. My bua lives in Mumbai , After I told her everything she suggested me to move to Mumbai and join her school. I thought about it and it seemed great idea to me. But the problem is how I'll convince my mom. My dad won't say anything, I just need to drop two drops of tear in front of him, But convincing mom is like convincing British kingdom to return our Kohinoor.

I was sitting on my seat which was allotted to me for exams. My exams are going great because I focused on studies to distract myself from a breakdown. I never knew I could do good in exams. I always used to forget some answers but now I write all answers. All thanks to Mr. Jerk. The bell rang and the teacher gave us answer sheet and the question paper. After three hour our exam ended.

" How was your exam?" Asked Aditi.

"It was good! How was yours?" I asked.

"What was good in that paper? It was very tough." She said. "Anyway, let's go to drink water, I'm thirsty." She said and dragged me toward the drinking water area. We were about to enter but I stopped at the door after seeing that Sana was kissing Ransh on his cheek. He pushed her slightly, after seeing us. "This is school, not a park." Aditi said to Ransh.

"You would know better, after all you are in relationship since you entered this school." He replied and Sana chuckled. " Anyway Shivani, you'll go with me by auto, Rajiv already left with his friends and your driver is busy with uncle. I have promised Rajiv that I'll drop you at your house. Meet me outside of school." He said and left. I was standing at my spot, without saying anything. I felt someone griping my hand joining our palm, I looked up. Aditi gave me a tight smile and squeezed my hand.

" You're not going with him!" I heard Sana's voice and turned my head in her direction. " Look, I know you love Ransh but darling he's my boyfriend so keep your little heart to yourself. And if I saw you talking to him then I'll tell him about your little crush on him, then you know what will happen. I hope you heard him the day he proposed me and you were standing near door like a lost puppy." She warned me.

" Oh please, do tell him,and......" Aditi was saying something to Sana but I took aditi's hand and left from there. "What are your doing? Let me handle that bitch." She said to me.

"No, leave her. She doesn't worth our time." I said and moved towards main gate."Are you going by bus?" I asked aditi, all this time I was holding my tears.

"No, I'm going by auto, with you, to your house." She said. And I nodded. We left to the main gate there was standing Ransh, waiting for me. I ignored him and passed him with aditi by my side.

"Wait, Shivani. Didn't you see me?" He asked, coming to me.

"She's going with me." Said Aditi.

"I wasn't talking to you." He replied, rolling his eyes.

"And she's not replying that means she doesn't want to talk to you." Aditi said in anger.

"What is your problem girl? Why do you have to speak in our matter?" He asked irritatingly. "Come on, I've stopped an auto, let's go to Home. Otherwise, our brother, Rajiv would kill me." He said. The way he said our brother I felt like he's calling me his sister. I got angry. I stopped an auto, took aditi's hand and left from there, without saying anything. I don't know what happens to me when I'm angry, I can't speak a word. If I try to speak, I start crying so leaving was the better option.

_______________________

" what?" Aditi screamed. Again she was sitting on my bed. I told her about my idea to go to Mumbai for further studies. " You can't leave me. You can't leave just because some jerk doesn't know your worth."

"It's for the best." I said.

"No it is not. You know too that you can not ignore him forever. He's your family. So Why are you running from him? He doesn't even know about your feelings, how you leaving change anything?" She asked.

"I know I can't ignore him forever but I can ignore him until I forget about him, till my feelings for him fade." I replied. "I'll ask my brother for his support and talk to mom and dad at dinner. I'll ask for their allowance for only four year after that I'll do what they'll ask me to do ." I told her about my plan.

"I'm still not sure. But if that's what you want then it's your choice." She said and hugged me.

____________________________

It was 7 o'clock in the evening and I didn't go downstairs for the dinner. I knew that my brother will come to call me for dinner. He knocked on the door. And said, "dinner is ready, come on." He was about to leave but I stopped him.

"Wait, bhaiya. I want to talk to you." I said.

He entered my room and said "Tell me, what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to go Mumbai." I said, and he nodded.

"Okk! Our exams are over so we can go there." He said and got up.

"No, no. You didn't understand. I want to go there for studies." I said and he looked at me.

"What? Why? What's the problem in studying here?" He asked.

"I just want to study there. And you promised me, remember that if I ask for a favor you'll do as I ask you to do." I said.

"Yes I promised but I don't understand, why there?" He asked. " And what do you want from me?" He asked again.

"You know, I love painting, sketching and all. And Avni told me that her school participates in interschool, state level competitions. This will be a great opportunity for me." I made an excuse which I'm not sure if it will work. " And I want your help when I talk about it to our parents. I am going to talk at the dinner."I said.

"You know, they won't agree. And your excuse is so lame. Just tell them, that Mumbai has the best entertainment classes and you want to join one of them because you realised that you can't achieve anything by studying. ."he said, I nodded and decided to talk before dinner so of they didn't agree then I'll just leave food. This will help in emotional Blackmail.

"Mom and dad, I want to talk about something." I said, holding the spoon to stirr the Curry. Dad nodded. "I want to complete my further studies in Mumbai." I said.

"No!" My mom said and glared at me.

"Mom, please. Please dad say something." I said, looking at dad with pleading eyes.

"Why can't you study here?" This time my dad asked. I gave him the same reason my brother told me.

"No you're not going anywhere." Said my mom.

"Please mom. It's not like I'll be living there alone. I'll live at bua's house. You don't have to worry about me. And I promise I won't do anything which you wouldn't like. And if I do then, one phone call and I'll be here, doing whatever you want me to do." I said in one go.

"Still a no. Now eat your food, don't make it difficult." said my mom.

"Why aren't you saiying anything?" I said to dad. "Okk fine." I said and got up from my chair and ran towards my room.

My brother tried to stop me. "Let her go, if she doesn't want to eat then we're not going to force her." I heard my mother yelling. I came to my room and laid on my bed. 'Nice, now I won't even get food.' I said to myself.

After two hours of laying on my bed, I saw mom, dad and Rajiv, entering my room. I turned my back to them. I felt the bedsheet dip on the backside of me.

"You can go to Mumbai." My father said. I turned in his direction, and looked at mom.

"Your brother and father think that you should go so I agreed but if I heard anything wrong about you then I would drag you back here and never let you go anywhere." She warned me, and I nodded happily. I got up from the bed and hugged mom and dad, my brother joined our hug too.