chapter 8: going home?

One and half year later,

Shivani's pov:

"So how's your preparation for your board  exams." Shivay asked  me. We were outside of our coaching, standing near his bike.

"Umm normal, not so good. I'm not confident about math." I replied.

"You can ask me any doubt anytime, okay. I'm not bad in maths." He said.

"You don't need to remind me that you topped your tenth class board." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Come on I'm not reminding you, I'm offering you help. I know you've studied in coaching but sometimes a friend can be a better teacher, you know." He said and I nodded.

"Okay."I replied. Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and looked at its screen. My brother was calling me.
God how much I miss my family only I know.
Everything is good here, my bua, my cousin, my friends, my teacher but still I  miss my family.
I only went  back to home only once since I came here, that is on my brother's birthday. My parents birthday and anniversary was during my classes so I didn't get the chance to go there. But on my brother's birthday I went there with my bua for only one night and we left from there back to Mumbai early morning. I didn't want to face Ransh so I avoided him as much as I could.
I was thinking about all of this then once again I felt my phone buzzing in my hand. I picked up the call.

"Where the hell were you?" My brother yelled from the other side.

"What happened?" I asked confused.

"Why weren't you picking up my call?" My brother asked still angry.

"I was in class. What happened? Why are you yelliing?" I asked again.

"You're okay, Right? Nothing happened to you?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"I'm fine nothing happened to me. But what got into you, why are you shouting?" I replied.

"Thank God, you are okay. " He sighed in relief. "I was worried about you and you weren't picking up my call. I got tensed." He continued.

"Will you please tell me what happened?" I asked irritatingly.

" When I..I came home. I overheard mom and dad. They were talking about you and mom was crying." He said.

"What? Why?" I asked. I was shocked, why was mom crying, nothing happend to me. "What did you hear?" I asked.

"I didn't hear clearly but I think Mom was asking dad to bring you back home. She said she doesn't want you away from her, she doesn't want to loose you. And she was crying so much. When I got near them I asked what happened and why was she crying but they didn't reply. They just ordered me to go to my room. I thought something happened to you so I got so much worried." He replied.

"I miss mom and dad too. But don't you think it is weird that mom was crying just because she was missing me. She could have called me. And she is not the woman who would cry over these things. I've never seen her cry in my life." I said to my brother.

"I know this is why I was so tensed I thought you had an accident and they weren't telling me. I was freaking out when you didn't answer my call." He replied.

"Okay. Now that I'm fine you don't need to freakout." I assured him. " And I'm calling mom right now. I want to know why she was crying. Bye!" I said.

"Okay bye. Take care of yourself and remember if you need anything just call me, Okay. You're my only sis and I love you more than my life." He said.

"I love you too bhaiya." I replied. I cut the call and dialed my mom's number. She picked it up after one ring.

"Hello, mom." I said as soon as she picked up the call.