Kim x Chay [2]

Kim dreamt of Chay that night. He'd gone to bed with Chay on his mind so when he closed his eyes for the night and he was still seeing Chay's face, he didn't even question it. He just went right along, letting Chay's tiny, frolicky body lead him to places.

But when he tried to see the pendant hanging off of Chay's neck that he was sure held the form of his animagus, Chay just slipped out of reach again, moving so swiftly that Kim couldn't help but want to pursue.

As he woke the next morning, feeling lightheaded and oddly expressive with himself, he refused to acknowledge the strange looks he got from his year mates. He had double periods of DADA with Slytherin and then he had Divination with Hufflepuff. Ken kept shooting him looks of concern, but Kim couldn't be bothered. He was there for Kim's physical safety. It wasn't his place to question how much daydreaming Kim did during class time.

Yet, he couldn't bring himself to care. The rest of his classes for the day were rendered useless as well. And by the time night rolled around, Kim just about accepted that his attention was going to be on nothing else till Chay told him what his form was.

Which was the very next morning.

On his way to breakfast, he was pulled into a classroom where a laughing Chay stood.

"Good morning," he'd greeted as Chay gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek before dragging him over to a desk and positioning him on one.

"Watch."

He dropped his school robes and Kim was amazed to find that Chay was wearing nothing beneath it.

"Did you walk from your dorm in the nude?" he asked, flabbergasted.

"Idiot, Phi," Chay said, gesturing at a folded heap of school clothes.

"Right. Okay," he shrugged, waving for Chay to go on.

So Chay took a deep breath and... he began to morph. Right before Kim's eyes as he bent to his knees and grew smaller and smaller till...

Till a tiny, fluffy rabbit was at Kim's feet.

"WHAT?!" Kim bellowed as the rabbit startled, hopping back a little. "You're a bunny?"

The rabbit raised its head and dropped it a couple of times till Kim understood that he was nodding.

"A bunny? You think this is going to help me? Chay, you can't come out with me on a full moon."

Chay started shifting back to human form.

Unable to help himself, Kim paced from wall to wall, trying not to be angry. Chay was just trying to help. That was all. He was just trying to help. Kim had to remember that. He couldn't let his anger swell. It wasn't a full moon, but ever since he'd been bitten by one of his father's rivals, Kim found that his temper was not what it once used to be.

"Do you know," he began, slowly. "That wolves eat rabbits?"

"I'm a bunny," Chay said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that wolves know how to make that distinction."

"I'm trying to help you."

"If this was a plausible course of action, Ken would have been asked to do it."

"Ken doesn't want to be an animagus. I do."

"No," Kim shook his head, falling to his knees before Chay as Chay pulled his robes back on. "Please, don't do this. If you come out with me and I find you and eat you, what am..." he trailed off, struggling to get his thoughts in order.

This was even worse than if he'd never had such a loving boyfriend. Now he was having thoughts of eating him. His mind was his at the moment and he wasn't an uncontrollable wolf but he couldn't shake the feeling that one day, one day he was going to eat Chay. He was going to see him and then his belly would growl and then he'd pursue the white rabbit-bunny and then he'd eat him. Raw. And unprepared.

When Chay bundled him into his arms, holding onto Kim tightly, he was suddenly made aware that he'd been crying.

"I won't come then," Chay said, his voice breaking. "I'll stay in the castle. You don't need to cry. Phi, please."

He could hear the breaking in Chay's voice. He knew what it meant. So he shrugged away and nodded at him as he walked briskly from the room.

Just in time to give Chay the space to cry his own tears.