Kinn x Porsche [9]

Kinn stood at the back of the group, away from Tawan. He wasn't afraid. He just didn't want to be near him. He wasn't scared. They'd be fine without Kinn. They didn't need him. They didn't. He could just stay where he was while the others dealt with whatever Tawan had to say.

Tay held up his wand, "Legilimens," he called as the spell flowed to Tawan, who was bound and kneeling on the ground.

Tay frowned.

"What is it?" Tem asked.

"His mind is protected."

Tawan laughed.

"Did you think I'd walk around without some mental fortification?"

"Let me try," Vegas said, moving to stand over Tawan.

"Ah," Tawan said with a satisfied smirk. "My former protegee."

"You didn't teach me more than how to boil tulips, Phi," Vegas said, eyes trained on Tawan. "Remember this? Because you made it." Vegas held up a slender, carved, purple stick that looked almost like a wand. He had a flat tip that was about an inch in radius that tapered down into the slim handle that Vegas was holding.

As soon as Tawan saw it, he straightened, still kneeling, eyes tracking the stick as Vegas moved it around. Smiling, Vegas mimed throwing it at Tawan and Tawan shrunk away from it, scared.

Vegas pulled up his robe to sit, but before he landed on the ground, Pete had summoned a stool to the right spot as Vegas sat, crossing his legs.

"Before I show everyone what this does, care to tell the class what you did to Kinn?"

Tawan's eyes looked away from the stick, searching the group of boys till it landed on Kinn. Kinn's heart rose to his throat as the attention made him feel sick. It had been too long, but all of a sudden, he felt like a first year, again, caught out after lights out, with the older student who had promised he'd take Kinn safely back to the Gryffindor tower if Kinn did him a little favor.

"What did you do to him?" Porsche asked, standing between Kinn and Tawan, breaking the moment that had been holding Kinn captive.

"I tested things."

"Venom? Potions? What?" Time asked.

"Everything I was working on. He was young and willing." Tawan shrugged. "I was curious."

"You developed incubus venom," Jom asked, unable to believe it. "While still in school."

"It wasn't exactly what I wanted."

"Which was what?"

"The powers of an incubus, without the unearthly sexual cravings."

"And you failed?" Vegas asked.

"I thought I did," Tawan said, cockily. "But look at him."

Everyone turned to look at Kinn, who was currently trying and failing to disappear into the walls of the Room of Requirement.

"There's nothing special about him," Jom said.

"No shit, Sherlock," Tawan rolled his eyes.

"Want to try that again?" Porsche asked, taking out his wand.

"You're the reason he seems like a normal person," Tawan spat.

Porsche paused as everyone was now looking from Tawan to Porsche.

"Me?"

Tawan scoffed.

"I was feeding him the venom for weeks and his body was acclimating. He was a teenager, but that was nothing I couldn't control with a cock string. I just had to keep him from fully transitioning till I'd fed him a full dose and his powers were assured."