Kinn x Porsche [7]

"Imperio."

Porsche gasped, sitting up in bed, sweating profusely as he struggled to catch his breath. He ran his hands through his hair, as if that would stop the bathroom memories from flooding back. Ever since Tay's spell, Porsche's mind hadn't been able to stop. Sequence after sequence, movement after movement, it kept playing back what had happened, with Porsche not realizing that one of the men didn't have his wand out when he'd disarmed everyone else, leaving himself open to an attack.

He shivered, seeing them as they pulled down his pants and spread his legs like... Porsche felt sick.

Day three, then. Another morning where he was closer to putting this whole behind him. If he waited, the venom would be gone and Porsche could go back to his life and pretend this never happened.

Kinn arrived soon, after, still in his pajamas and slippers.

"Hey," he said, pulling the bed blinds aside and entering, scooting into the tight bed and gathering Porsche back to bed. "The sun hasn't even come up yet."

"I couldn't sleep."

In the next bed, Pete snored loudly as he turned over in his sleep.

"I'm here."

"We're doing this today, right? We're going to catch the guy?"

"I don't know how I feel about you being the bait."

"They want me for a reason."

"I've been thinking about that. Why would someone want to attack you?"

"You're the only reason anyone would care about me."

"Bullshit," Kinn said, without hesitation. "You're pretty. You get in a lot of fights with the locals. And you're kind of popular."

"Oh am I now?" Porsche smiled up at him.

"Didn't you know? I can't go anywhere with you without people gawking."

"Maybe they're gawking at you."

"Nah."

"Maybe it's because you frown too much."

Porsche reached up and smoothed Kinn's furrowed eyebrows. Kinn hummed, still deep in thought. In the midst of all this crapfest, Porsche hated that he had to wonder about Kinn's feelings for him. Professor Chan's conversation was still fresh in Porsche's mind.

How did he know what the future would be like for them?

A bodyguard was a bodyguard.

A male bodyguard couldn't even hope to offer his boss a child.

Porsche was literally useless beyond his skills as a protector.

No wonder Khun-Korn had let Chan talk to Porsche. Because at the end of the day, Porsche was in the way of the family that he wanted for his son.

"What are your plans after school?"

Kinn's frown deepened.

"Where did that come from?"

"I'm just asking," Porsche shrugged.

"I'm planning to move out of the mansion. Papa wants me in Bangkok. Larger market. More use for my skills, I guess."

"And family-wise?"

"Is this about the career counseling? Pshh," he brushed it aside. "Chan's just letting his past trauma shape his understanding of the situation."

"His past trauma..." a light bulb went off in Porsche's head. "He and Khun Korn."

"I'm not sure, but you see signs. You hear stuff. Mom doesn't like it when we talk about it." He held Porsche by the chin, making sure Porsche was watching him. "This isn't thirty years ago. I can love you. If and when I want kids... when we want kids, we can get a surrogate."