Kim x Chay [3]

Chay didn't bring up the animagus fiasco again. He figured he'd given his pitch and he'd only upset Kim after everything. He'd trained and taken his lessons very seriously but when he'd had his first try and all he got was a fluffy bunny tail, he refused to let it deter him. He hadn't gone through all that just because he wanted to show off. He cared about Kim.

They were in love and being the equivalent of dinner was not going to suddenly make his werewolf boyfriend want to eat him, was it? WAS IT?

He went to class. Ate his meals. Made out with Kim. Went to choir practice with Macau. Had classes with his professors. And then the full moon peaked out one Tuesday night and Chay nodded to himself as he hid in the unused cabin by the forest, waiting for Kim to show up.

He hadn't given it much thought and honestly, he wasn't sure he wanted to discuss it with anyone because they'd all just try to talk him out of it. But he'd already made up his mind. He could communicate with Kim. Kim was not going to eat him. They would survive the three days in the forest without more incident than a few scrapes with the other local animals and then they would be on their way out so that Chay could point in Kim's face and tell him, "I told you so."

He'd already turned by the time Kim's heavy footsteps came thumping down the uneven path to the forest. So he hopped off the curb and followed, watching and waiting as Kim moved without looking back. Immediately Kim passed a particular spot, a light shimmering glistened in the dark as he finally looked back at the barrier going up behind him.

He frowned at it before he continued on his way.

A few paces in, Kim stopped by a tree as he pulled off his robes and removed his shirt and trousers just as he groaned a little. The shift was obviously starting and so he had to move fast if he was going to need these clothes back in three days.

As soon as he was naked, he unfolded a leather bag and put them in, still grunting as his nose began to elongate and a tail started to protrude. He winced through almost every bit of transformation and Chay knew he'd be crying if he weren't a bunny without tears. When Kim had wrapped the clothes up, he tossed it back over the barrier and waited, closing his eyes as the change continued to take hold on his body.

Chay sniffed the barrier, stepping a toe over it before he hopped and landed on the other side but he didn't feel any different. So he stepped back over and found that he was able to move back and forth at will. Which meant that the barrier was specifically for Kim.

He turned back and passed it again, moving further away as he realized he didn't know where Kim was.

A low growl somewhere to his left caught his attention and when he looked up at the scary yellow eyes that were focused on him, Chay's heart nearly stopped in fear. He took a step back as the werewolf sniffed the air in his direction.

He'd been so sure that he wouldn't look like food, but now, as he watched the angry werewolf take off in his direction, bounding many feet in one step, he suddenly realized how wrong he was. Scared out of his mind, Chay turned back to the barrier and began hopping towards it, wondering why he'd moved so far without knowing where Kim had been.

He could hear the wolf behind him and his tiny hops weren't doing much.

I'm going to die. Tonight, I'm going to die.

He hopped and hopped and hopped and took one last hop, about to break through the barrier when a large, clawed paw grabbed him midair. He squealed and shut his eyes as the wolf brought him to his mouth and Chay just knew he was dead.

The wolf placed him in its jaw, holding Chay securely as it turned around and headed deeper into the forest. Chay wasn't dead yet. But he knew he'd soon be. Kim was taking him somewhere private so he could sit down and tear him limb from limb till he was no more.

He could feel his bones quivering every step Kim took, realizing that it was another step in the direction of his death. He really should have listened. He should have stayed put. But this was how he was going to die. In the mouth... at the teeth of the love of his life.

He was so young. He didn't even know anything about life. He was just a second year student who'd thought he was doing something for his phi. Now, here he was, about to die.

Kim slowed around an opening as he ducked under a gathering of trees as Chay's eyes adjusted to the dimness of a cave.

Yes, this was going to be his tomb.