Episode One- A Start As Old As Time

Her face showed nothing but sympathy as she looked into my cold, dead, red, puffy eyes. I was laying back in the office, rubbing my heavily pregnant belly as the tears still streamed, humming the song London bridge is falling. It hurt. I thought I cried all of them, yet I'm so wrong. "Tell me everything. Take your time, and start from the very beginning..." She spoke. How could I though? The words are still caught in my throat. I couldn't get them out. It pained me. I slowly looked at her and smiled weakly. Something I hated doing. I collected my thoughts and the tale began...

These couple of months have been full of nothing but bullshit. I got fired from my shitty but well-paying job, but that's not even the worst part. Yesterday, I got a phone call from my mama's insurance saying they couldn't cover her damn transition. Long story short, she was born a man.

She used to be my father, now I proudly call her my mother. Recently she's been doing everything to claim the identity that felt right to her. Everything from medicines to surgeries.

My other "mother", who she is not anymore, believed that you shouldn't "mess with what God" gave to my trans mother before she started to transition. So her disgusting ass divorced her, but it's a great thing that the woman signed a prenup. She wasn't gonna take jack shit, but money doesn't last forever. We aren't broke, but we aren't rich either, and we had our mortgage to thank for that.

Both I and my better mother had to take on two jobs, but we're living rather comfortably. All this would have to change because I would be damned if I let her sacrifice her life, comfort, and her time for me. I'm an adult, riding at the fresh age of 21.

She made a promise this year that she would focus on herself, and do what she need to do so she can feel happy and at peace with herself. The last thing she has to do is her top and bottom surgery, and luckily, we scraped up the money to get it paid for. Now, I'm sitting here searching for a new job to replace my old one, plus a new job. I wanted to work hard to earn back what we lost so we can still have a roof and food. Yes, it ain't gonna be easy, but this bitch, this badass bitch Y/n, is gonna do it. I've been filling out applications, readjusting copies of my resumes, and sending them all in. Now the best I could do at the moment is play the waiting game, and I was down with that. I shut off my computer, and stretched, cracking my joints. I took a huge sigh of relief and walked out of my home office. I went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge, "Nothing..." I mumbled.

I went to the stairs and called out, "MA! I'M GETTING DOORDASH! YOU HUNGRY?" I waited for a response and luckily she did hear me, "YEAH BABY! CAN WE GET CONEY ISLAND?" I nodded to myself since it sounded good. "YEAH, WE CAN!" I shouted back and went to go sit on the couch. I took out my phone and added the best food we loved to our cart: Cheeseburgers and chili cheese fries. The American classic. I felt like drinking some strong acids, so I went with a sprite and ordered mama a juice. I processed the payment and started to play the best waiting game. I turned on the T.v. and turned the Switch on. "Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, here I come!" I said happily.

I played for a good hour, then checked my phone. The food just got here, and like my life depended on it, I DASHED to the door. (Haha. Get it?... Uhm... I'll stop.) I clapped my hands together and checked the bags. Nothing was forgotten and the drinks were still perfectly cold, not watered down at all. I ran upstairs to give mom her food, then went to mine. For the next 30 minutes, I binge-eat and fight more monsters in the game. I wasn't too focused on missions since I wanted to have some fun.