Adjusting

After breakfast, I get settled in my room and holy shit I was shaking. I now lived here, and not as a maid anymore! A fucking advisor. That's high status, but that wasn't the only thing to be excited about, I could teach Ciel some manners. I chuckled at the thought as I put my clothes away, but now thinking, it's gonna be hard to find something to do when Ciel and Sebastian don't need me. After all, to blend in, I have to do my job. Does that mean I'll have to stop goofing off? No! Not in a long shot.

I decided to take a break from setting things up and sat on the bed. Just then, a random thought popped into my head. How the fuck was I scrolling through TikTok? That is all logic broken there when I was first here. I was legit curious and took my laptop from my bag. I didn't know why my mom thought I'd need it, but it's good I have it. "Nah, cause this world defies logic every time and I gotta fuckin check..." I said, opening my laptop and typing my password. Once I was in, I immediately opened Google and there it was. A logo popped up. I check the internet connection. Somehow strong and not weak. "Ion know if I could call this some kinda culture shock if Sebby and Ciel happened to see my laptop." I put my laptop to the side and bring out my backpack to search for something. "Come on. Please tell me she ain't forget..." I said under my breath.

Just upon finding it, my eyes glowed pink and I squealed in excitement. "MY LIL SEBASTIAN! SEBBY SEB SEB SEB SEB! YOU'RE SO CUTE! I COULD EAT YOU ALL THE WAY THE FUCK UP! YES, I WOULD!" I yelled, holding the teddy to my chest, and kissing all over his face. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I made this a long time ago. Yes, I'm obsessed with Sebastian, but I could never create chibi plushies, so I made a cute teddy bear in the same outfit Sebby wears. I still sleep with it by my side. I've been taking care of it non-stop and it's still in excellent condition. I cuddled him close, putting him aside, before starting to put my clothes away. Once I was done, I decided that I shouldn't be as isolated as a groundhog, so doing something despite my not wanting to, was gonna be on the list. So I head out of my room and set out to the hallways. If I was gonna live here, I gotta know this humongous layout. "I don't know how anyone could live in a fuckin place this big..." I said, idly walking down each hall I know of, trying to soak up as many routes as I could. I went to the library, the game room, and to the parlor, a solar room, which is just a room for the privacy of Ciel and family, I found some bathrooms and hobby rooms.

"Holy shit. Does he ever even go into half of these rooms?" I said, dragging a hand down my face. Finally feeling bored, I head to the first thing that popped up in my mind. "Let's check on everyone." Did I mean everyone, or did I mean a certain someone? "No. Let's save him last... After this morning, I just can't..." My feet started moving on their own and I ended up going to the kitchen. Just before I could even get close, I listened closely, I heard the cocking of a flamethrower. "Ah, shit. Sebby gon tear him a new one!!!" I said, rushing in. "Bard! Hey! How are you doing?" I said a little too quickly... He knows I hung around a little bit before I came here. "Oi. Ello' Y/n. I'm doing great. But what are you doing here?" He scratched the back of his neck, huffing out smoke from his cigarette nervously. "Oh. I'm just walking around getting used to this place. This is a beautiful home. Besides, an advisor must know where her lord is. Say... Bard... What do ya got there?" I asked. "Oh. It's me flame thrower." He said, proudly showing it off. "Why do you feel like you need it?" I said, stepping back a good five feet away. "Oh. I get impatient, so I cook with it." I sighed, taking it from his hand.

"You know Baldroy... The food you intend to cook wouldn't be very tasty if you cook it with a flame thrower." I said, smiling gently as I would not want this lovable idiot to burn down or blow up the kitchen. "Oh? Well, what about explosives?" I looked at him crazy, before... Poof! Chibi mode. "THAT OBVIOUSLY WOULD DESTROY THE KITCHEN!" I sighed, as I put the flamethrower down. "Here. Let me explain. For the flamethrower to work, it would need fuel babycakes. Imagine if you cook a steak..." I pulled a blowtorch from my pocket.

"You'd wanna use this. This is made for giving food a nice sear that you couldn't achieve with a pan. But with a flamethrower, it'll spray chemicals on the food you wish to cook besides burning it all. Fuel, I imagine, would taste very strange don't you think? And consuming it repeatedly can make many things happen. It can cause vomiting, vertigo, drowsiness, confusion, and loss of consciousness. You wouldn't want that happening to the young Lord. Convulsions can happen, they can damage internal organs and can lead to death. Especially when you don't know what type of fuel is in a flame thrower." I said and he froze full of shock. "I-I-I didn't k-know-" I shook my head. "It's okay Bard. The more you know right? Besides, you want your food to cook evenly. You wouldn't want to give anyone a tummy ache. If you want, I can come back later and teach you to work smarter, not harder. Okay, hun?" My eyes lit up as I grabbed his hand reassuringly and just like that, he reluctantly nodded. "Hahaha~ I gotta get going. It was nice talking to you. I'll see you later Bard." I said, waving as I made my way out, him waving back.

My adventure continues down some halls again and just then, I find Mey-Rin in a random room. "Hey, girl hey~" I squealed excitedly and that made her jump. "Oh. Y/n hey. It's nice to see you, yes it is. How are you liking it here?" I came over to hug her. "It's been super nice here. The young Lord had a very beautiful home. Though, I kinda hope I won't get lost. This place is huge." I sweat-dropped. "Say. Does he even come into most of the rooms?" I giggled. "Oh. He does. The Earl Phantomhive has lots to do, especially his daily lessons." I nodded. "Besides that, how are you, girl?" I smiled. "Oh. I'm okay. I'm just doing a bit of cleaning yes I am." I looked around the room. "All by yourself?" I looked at her worriedly. "Yes. But don't worry- Ah... AHCOO!!" I gasped. "Oh no no no! Take a break sweetie." I sat her down in a chair. "Honey. You have dust allergies." I gave her some tissue from a table nearby which she accepts and blows her nose. Man, if I noticed that the first time, I would have helped her more. "Here, take this." I give her some nasal spray.

"This is the best brand. Simply put close one of your nostrils by applying a bit of pressure with your hand, insert the bottle tip into your open one, and breathe deeply as you squeeze the bottle. No more than a second. Then repeat on the other one." I smiled, "This one is my mom's favorite brand, and it treats symptoms for 24 hours. I know what you're going through. I constantly had to get this for my mom." I patted her shoulder. With that, she does what I tell her and her eyes brighten. "Oh thank you Y/n! How can I ever repay you?" I shook my head. "You don't have to. Promise me you'll sit for a few minutes, and then continue working. After all, you're only human." An exceptional one with 40/40 vision at that... I giggled. "Ah. Look at the time. I gotta get going if I need to know my way around here. Take it easy Rin-Rin~" I scurried out, waving goodbye to her, to which she happily waves back. Just then, I decided I wanted some fresh air and so it was to the garden I go.

As soon as I stepped outside, the breeze of the spring hit my face, and I began to look for Finny, but he was nowhere to be seen, and man was this garden fucking huge. I looked high and low, and even in the shed. I sighed and went back inside. "Maybe later..." I said. I continue to walk, walk some more, and walk even more, I didn't know where my feet were taking me until my eyes glowed pink. He was around here somewhere. I couldn't let him see me and not after what happened, though before I could ever try anything, he was already here. My heart skipped a beat as I feel myself bump into him. "A-Ah. Sebastian..." I looked down sheepishly stepping back. "I apologize. I seem to find myself in a rush today. May I ask what you're doing in these parts of the estate?" I looked him in the eyes, "I can't work with an Earl and not know my way around his estate." Sebastian sighed. "Besides that, we really need to talk?" I looked at him nervously. "I've been putting this off all day."

"Not now Y/n-" He tried to leave but I grab his arm. "Please... Whatever you need to do can wait." I eyed him desperately, my heart beating out of my chest. Sebastian sighed, taking out his pocket watch, checking the time, "Five minutes..." And with that, I drag him off somewhere private.

A/n: Woo another chapter. Finding the motivation to do this is hard sometimes. And I was writing this chapter bit by a bit each day. There's gonna be a lil moment. So watch out for next chapter~