Chapter two

Alex's POV

"My mom is having a freak out I have to go home," I said.

"Do you need a ride? Or someone to walk with you?" Alice asked while she sat up.

"No I'll be fine," I said and forced a smile.

"Are you sure? Jack has to leave too and he lives a few blocks past your street," Alice said, looking at us.

"Only if he wants to walk with me," I said looking over at him.

"Yeah, I'd love to walk with you," Jack said and smiled at me.

I smiled back and held out my hand for him. He gladly took it.

"I'm not giving back your clothes tonight Jack. Walk home in what you have on," Alice said as she laid back down.

Jack laughed and put on his jacket. We said our goodbyes and walked downstairs. Her mother was walking out of her sewing room when she saw us.

"Oh hello boys," she said with a sweet smile.

"Hey miss M," Jack said and returned her smile.

"You boys get home safely. Jack hun next time ask if you can wear a longer skirt or some jeans it's cold out."

"ahah I'll ask next time. I'll see ya tomorrow." He replied as he grabbed my hand again and lead me outside.

We walked outside and were hit by the cold. I could tell Jack was cold from the look on his face. He tried to hide it, but failed. I chuckled, removing my jacket and tying it around his waist. He tried protesting, but I wouldn't hear it.

"Shush," I said and place my finger to his lips.

He chuckled and licked my finger. I laughed and hit his arm lightly. He pouted and wrapped his arm around my waist. I smiled and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. We walked in a comfortable silence. I felt safe with him by me. I knew that is something happened like last time he would help me.

"That's my street," I said and pointed.

"Alright," He smiled and walked with me down the street.

We reached my front door. I got out my keys, unlocked the door and turned around to face him. He smiled down at me and leaned in. I smiled back and quickly pressed my lips to his. He pouted when I pulled away. I couldn't help but laugh at how cute he was.

"I'll give ya a longer kiss tomorrow if you want," I said and kissed his cheek.

"I'd like that."He said before he turned around and went down the steps.

I watched as he made his way down the street. I turned around and walked into the house.

"MOM! I'M HOME!" I called out as I took off my shoes.

"ALEX!" She called and ran out of the kitchen and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Mom I'm okay."

"Nothing happened on your way back?" she asked as she checked my face for any injuries.

"No mom. My friend Jack walked with me since he lives a few blocks away," I said and gave her a small smile.

She sighed in relief and let me go. I followed her into the kitchen and sat on the counter. I watched as she continued cooking. We talked about school and work. I told her about Jack and that we kissed. She was really excited that I found someone. Our conversation was interrupted when someone knocked on the door. My mom turned down the stove and walked to see who it was. I hopped off the counter to see who it was. To my surprise it was Jack.