Chapter Seven

A/N I am an asshole aren't I? I say I'm deleting this story then I start a remake and now I'm writing more chapters to this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normal POV

  Alice and Jack spent the rest of the day in Alex's room. They talking to him and hoped that he would wake up. They had no such luck. At the end of the day they had to leave. Alex's mom stayed the night in the hospital room with her son. She prayed all night that he would wake before the small amount of time he had was up.

___

  The night passed quickly and the sun was up. Jack and Alice got there as soon as possible. They wanted to spend as much time as possible with him before the time was up. Alex's mom had already signed off on the papers and Alex had a few hours left.

___

Alex's POV

  The darkness seems to have gotten darker if that's even possible. The voices of my family and friends are faint almost a whisper. My mom signed the papers already. I don't blame her. It must be hard, but its been months with no change so it makes sense to let go. I just wish they knew I was still here.

"Alex?"

"Dad?"

"come here," he called out.

"Where are you? It's too dark."

"Follow the sound of my voice."

  I got off the ground and followed the sound of his voice. The longer I walked the brighter the room got. I turned down a hallway at the end stood my father. He had his hand outstretched towards me. I took his hand and followed him as he lead us further into the bright light. I could barely make out our surroundings from how bright it was.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going home," he responded with a soft smile.

"By home you mean Heaven?"

"Of course."

"What about mom? I can't just leave her by herself," I said, pulling my hand away and stopping.

"I'm sorry son," he said sadly.

  I frowned, crossimg my arms. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to go back home where mom is. I want to see Jack and Alice again. I'm not ready to leave this world yet. My father placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and finally let out all my emotions. I held onto him and sobbed.

"I'm not ready to move on. I finally got together with Jack and mom just finally started to feel better after you died. If I die what is she going to do?" I sobbed.

"She'll be okay. Jack and Alice will be okay too. It will take some time for them to heal, but they will move on," he whispered, holding me close.

"I don't want them to move on without me."

"There's nothing we can do. It's too late to turn back."

"No! It's not!" I shouted, taking off in a sprint in the way he had come from.

"ALEX! ALEX COME BACK!" He called after me.

  His voice became distant the further I ran. The light dimmed the farther I got. Soon I was back in the darkness. I heard the familiar sounds of my mom and friends.

"Alex sweetie, I'm so sorry. I love you so so much and I hope you don't suffer anymore," my mom whispered, obviously crying.

"Lex if you can hear us please wake up. There isn't much time and I don't want to lose you," Alice said, chocking back a sob.