Chapter Thirteen

Alex's POV

  Spring break was starting next week. Jack, Andrew, Alice and I were sitting at our usual table in the cafeteria. We decided that we would be going to kick off spring with a party. A party to celebrate normality in the group again. Well our group was never normal to begin with, but we were free from sickness, loss and drama. Things were falling back into place and it was great.

"Let's start a list of people that aren't allowed to attend the party and then work on the list of people that have to be at the party," Jack said while taking out a notebook and pen.
"Marie and her skanksquad are not allowed at the party," Alice said.
"Don't invite anyone from the football team or Jake from the baseball team," Andrew chimed in.
"Okay, no skanks, jocks and no Jake," Jack said while writing them down in the notebook.
"Don't let Carla Sanders in eiter," I said, leaning over the table to see the list.

  Jack had written down everyone we named and a few people he disliked. We threw in a few more people and the list was finished. Jack passed the notebook to Alice and she got to work on the list of people that had to be there. I watched as she jolted down names in her sloppy handwriting. Jack started to pick at his lunch, a look of distaste on is face as he poked his mashed potatoes with his spork. Andrew had given up on trying to eat what the school provided. Alice and I were the only ones smart enough to bring our own food. I watched as Jack loaded up his spork with potatoes and catapulted it across our table and hit one of the jocks at the table beside us. A look of horror appeared on his face when the jock he hit stood up and looked around the room. I grabbed the spork from Jack and threw it as far away from our table as possible.

"Who threw this!?" The jock who was now recognized as Evan Mathews shouted.

  The whole lunch room fell silent. No one made any sudden movements. Everyone was terrified of the rage that would come if whoever flung the disgusting mashed potatoes was caught. Jack for some unknown reason took the rest of his potatoes in his hand and launched it at Evan, hitting him in the chest. Alice looked up from the list she was writing with wide eyes. Andrew had managed to somehow sneak out of the cafeteria before anything else happened. Evan looked over at our table. He was like a bull full of rage. Jack's hand was still covered in potatoes, making it obvious it was him that launched the attack. Alice glanced at me and them back to Jack.

"Barakat!" Evan screamed as he stormed over to our table.

  I watched as he grabbed Jack by the collar of his shirt and pulled him out of his seat. I slowly stood up, taking what I assume was meatloaf off Jack's tray. I bit my lip and smashed the disgusting food onto his head causing him to drop Jack onto the floor and turn to me. Jack looked at me like I was insane. Evan growled and grabbed me by the hair and pulled me up to his level. I stared into his rage-filled eyes with a look a terror. He brought up his other hand ready to punch me in the face. Before he could do anything, Alice was on his back with her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Let go of him you gross ugly ape!" She screamed into his ear.

  Jack rolled onto his stomach and slid across the floor like a weird snake. He wrapped himself around Evans legs and bit into his ankle causing Evan to scream and drop me to the floor and them crash onto the floor. Luckily I managed to move out of the way in time before he fell on top of me. Alice sat up and was now straddling his back and Jack was still wrapped around his legs. They looked like a weird statue that had fallen over and no one wanted to pick it up.

"Get off of me you fucking freaks!" He screamed, trying free himself.
"NEVER!" Jack and Alice screamed.

  Andrew came running into the room with a few of his friends running behind him. Before I knew it there was a full on war going on infront of my eyes. Jack was flung across the room and Alice was now latched onto another guy's legs. Andrew was under a table covered in ranch dressing. It was pure madness. I watched in horror as all of this happened around me. I was literally sitting in the middle of a war zone that my boyfriend started with a spoonful of potatoes. I had no idea what to do. Jack was out of sight, but I could still hear his crazed battle cries. Alice was now standing on top of a table and she had war paint on her face made from somebodies cheese dip. Someone started to play battle music on their phone and Andrew's friends were still fighting.

"LONG LIVE THE KING!" Alice screamed before jumping off the table and back into the fight.

  Everyone was screaming and people were chanting names of the person they were rooting for. There were bets being made and some people were hiding behind a wall made from tables. I looked to my left to see Jack jumping from one table to another. His shirt was wrapped around his head and he was covered in different types of food. He looked like the little brother from the wild Thornberry's. Andrew moved across the floor like a slug and started pulling people to the ground. Alice was sitting on Matt Flyzik's shoulders shouting orders and what direction for him to take her. Jack skipped past me while screaming like Tarzan. Things seemed to get worse with each passing second. I slowly pulled myself up and ran to join the crowd behind the table barricade. I watched at Andrew slid across the floor and into a trash can. Alice was chasing Evan with a chair. Jack was being carried off by two angry cross country girls. I couldn't watch anymore and I ran out to help Jack and I slipped on cheese sauce at hit the floor. The next thing I knew I was dragged away by the ankles and into the battle.
___

  The fight only lasted around fifteen minutes even though it seemed longer. The teachers barged in and put a stop to the madness. Everyone who was involved with the fight was now sitting in the hallway outside the office. Jack was the first to be called into the office. He was in there for a long time before he was escorted out by the vice principal. He was lead past us and down the hall to the main entrance. One by one we were all called into the office. Everyone who had a big part of the fight was taken outside to wait for their parents to pick them up. I was finally called into the office. I pulled myself off the floor and walked into the room. The principal was sitting at his desk with a tired look on his face.

"Okay Alexander, tell me your side of the story and where your involvement took place."
"I watched Jack throw the potatoes and I threw the spork. Then I mashed the meatloaf on Evan's head when he grabbed Jack. Then Evan went to attack me and that's when Alice lunged at him. I was on the floor for most of the fight and then I went to join the people that weren't involved, but Jack was being dragged away so I went to help and I slipped, hit the floor and I was dragged across the cafeteria and got my hair styled with bar b que sauce."
"That's all you were involved with?" He asked.
"Yes sir."
"Okay, you're free to go Mr. Gaskarth."

I nodded before quickly retreating out the door.
___

  Alice, Jack and Andrew were all sentenced to one week of in school suspension. It would have been longer if it weren't for spring break. Jack's father was extremely pissed about the fight and Jack got grounded for two weeks. Alice's parents were too angry to come up with a punishment so she's still in deep shit. My mom told me off for wasting food and that was about it. Jack sent me a text before his father took away him phone explaining that he wasn't going to be able to call me any time soon because of how upset his dad was. Andrew hasn't contacted any of us, but we all know his father is going to be livid. Alice called me around midnight and told me that Jack called her on an old walkie talkie. His father took away his computer and phone. He wasn't allowed to leave the house except for school. Alice told me that she heard her parents talking over her punishments and that things were not looking good. We talked for a bit before she had to go and receive her punishment.
___

  The following week of school sucked. Spring break was starting tomorrow and Alice, Jack and Andrew weren't allowed out. Alice's parents had finally decided on a punishment. My mom was driving me to a doctors appointment to check on my brain. Even since I woke up from the coma I have to go in for checkups. We drove past Alice's house and she was sitting on the roof cleaning out the gutters. Apparently she had to clean up the front and backyard as her punishment and all her devices were taken away. I haven't heard anything from Jack. I talked with Andrew at work and foung out that Jack wasn't allowed to come into work as part of his punishment. To be honest I think that's bullshit, but I guess if I was his dad and I found out my son started the war of potatoes at school I would do the same. Since Rian worked with Alice he kept me updated and would pass along messages for us. Alice's last message was about Jack and that he should be off punishment the end of this week and her punishment would be over once she finished her backyard and weeded the side garden.
___

Jack's POV

  It has been exactly one week since I had last spoken to Alex. ISS is horrible and the teacher was like a prison warden. Alice had her ISS on a different day because they don't trust us in the same room together. Andrew was in the same class as me, but he was on the other side of the room. Alice and I have been talking at night through the old walkie talkies we had gotten a few years ago. She had been sharing messages through Rian durring work to Alex. She updated me on how he's been and I was grateful for that.

  My dad was livid when he picked me up from school. He screamed the whole way home and the rest of the night. My phone was taken away and I was only allowed to use the computer for school work and he supervises to make sure I'm only using it for only school work. I wasn't allowed to go to work and I haven't been able to leave the house except for school and to take out the trash. I've been trying my best to keep on my dad's good side this past week, but it's difficult since he's like a ticking time bomb of rage. I've just kept myself locked up in my room to avoid any arguments. I like to believe my dad is a good man and that he just has a horrible temper. I was fortunate and I didn't get my dad's temper. I don't think we would be able to stay in the same house if I had his temper. It would be like a massive bomb drop if we had the same temper and got into an argument. To be honest my dad scares me when he's angry. That's one of the reasons I moved in with Alcie was to get away from him. I understand why my mom was an addict she couldn't divorce him because she would have nothing so she used drugs to escape.
___

  The week passed by extremely slow. Tonight is my last night of punishment. Tomorrow I can enjoy my spring break and get out of my house.

"Jack, come in Jack. Are you there?" Alice's voice called through the bright pink hello kitty walkie talkie.

  I quickly jumped onto my bed and picked up the device and pressed the button.

"Jack speaking, Alice can you hear me?"
"Dude we have to have the party this weekend. Andrew just called and said his dad's trip was extended."
"How are we going to pull it off? No one has been able to plan."
"I had nothing to do while you guys were locked up so I planned," Alex's voice chimed in.
"You are a god Lex," I said, grinning to myself.
"I know."
"Conceited much?" Alice asked.
"Yes, he's very conceited," I agreed.
"Well go to sleep so your punishment will be over sooner."
"Alice it's 7:30 the sun is still out. I can't sleep if the sun is up."
"You can sleep in school when the sun is full in the sky, but you can't when you're at home?" Alex asked with a laugh.
"It's complicated. I have to go make dinner I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said before turning off the walkie talkie.

  I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. My dad would be home in about an hour so I shoung have enough time to make something. I opened the fridge and started taking out the things I would need to make dinner and then got to work. By the time my dad got home I had just taken the food out of the oven. I got my plate, said hi to my dad and retreated upstairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
I admit that I was was crying from laughing whe nI wrote this chapter. I had no intention of a war breaking out it just kinda happened. I hope you liked this chapter c:

  Okay so I literally have no plot to this story. I just write whatever and hope for the best and that seems to satisfy you guys. Well I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on things you might like to see in future chapters. I would love to hear your ideas and play aroung with them in the story. So if you have an idea please leave it in the coments and I'll see if I can use it. In other news this story is saved on my computer as "the cow goes moo". ~Paige