iii.iv (underwater)

**CONTENT WARNING: hi friends, we've entered smut territory. please read with caution, keep in mind that the boys are both 17 here!!**

it's only a half an hour's drive to the hotel, the sun is entirely set by the time we arrive and the moon has replaced it. it's a full moon tonight. jon, nancy, el, max, and lucas are already inside.

"we're going to find our rooms, you guys gonna join us?" steve asks, handing out everyone's room keys.

i look at will, he shakes his head.

"no, that's okay. we'll catch up with you later. i think we're going to walk around for a bit."

steve gives us a nod and the three of them disappear down the hall.

we're on the third floor, the hotel is relatively empty since it's the middle of the week. the hall is quiet except for the sound of the luggage rolling. we start walking in the opposite direction of where steve went, hoping to get some alone time.

"is there any place in particular you want to go, or did you just want to get me alone?" i ask will, lacing our hands together, giving him a smirk.

he chuckles, "yes and no. i saw that there's a pool on the top floor. i wanted to check it out."

a pool? on the top floor? that seems fancy as hell.

we walk around until we find an elevator, hauling all of our things behind us. we probably should have dropped this stuff off in our room but when have we ever been known to do something that makes sense?

"do you have a swimsuit?" i ask him.

"no, i thought we could skinny dip."

and there it is. i knew he had to have some kind of secret plan. he did want to get me alone.

"mike? is that okay?"

"sure, sounds great." i look away, trying to hide the blush on my face.

what the fuck did i just agree to?

the elevator makes a ding sound when we arrive on the top floor and the door opens to reveal a huge swimming pool with a hot tub. now this, this is fancy.

"woah." will says, a look of amazement on his face.

"yeah woah. this is insane!"

it almost makes me forget why we're here.

we put our luggage in the corner of the room as to avoid getting it wet and then we're just kind of looking at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. we've never seen, this will be the first time we-

then, will's doing it. he's pulling his shirt over his head and kicking off his shoes and i'm standing there, a stupid smile on my face, feeling proud as ever that this boy is mine. he seems proud as ever to finally show me his body, a sort of confidence i wish i shared.

i step toward him, we're barely 3 inches apart, i let my hand reach his stomach and i trace every dip and divet, trying to memorize him like this. he takes my hand and places it on his cheek before leaning in to kiss me.

"this might be stupid but can i...?" he takes the hem on my shirt between his fingers, his fingertips grazing my stomach and making me giggle and squirm.

"yeah, of course." i give my permission and that's all he needs to hear before he takes it off of me, discarding it near our luggage. soon after, i slip off my shoes and socks and toss them somewhere close.

it feels somehow completely foreign and familiar at the same time. we've been this far a million time before, this is nothing uncommon of the public swimming pool. but, there's this tension that hangs in the air. this taste of something more to come. i swallow it down.