iv (spin the bottle)

(finally some different POV)
mike's POV

max and dustin were the first to show up. 

they helped me finish setting up, laying out the snacks and max even did the last of my laundry that my mom left for me to finish.

the time was 5:46 and we all sat on my couch waiting eagerly for the rest of the party to show up.

"hey, guys. i have a crazy idea." max said.

dustin and i both looked at her.

"ya know how we're in high school and stuff now?" 

"we're barely freshman, but okay." dustin said.

"well, i think we should start playing more advanced games at our parties." she raises her eyebrows.

"like chess?" i ask, a little confused.

"no, no, like spin the bottle or something." 

dustin and i both look at each other, probably thinking the same thing.

"max, that means we would have to kiss each other, you know that, right?" dustin said talking to max as if she was a complete idiot.

"yes, i know. i mean, i just thought it would be fun. it's not like it really means anything." he smiled.

"you're right, it doesn't mean anything, max. let's play it tonight." i say, clearly abandoning all logic. 

dustin stares at me, eyes wide.

"thank you, mike. at least someone here is mature." max sticks her tongue out at dustin.

suddenly, there's a knock.

max volunteers to answer the door, jumping off the couch and heading over. 

"i can't believe we're going to play spin the bottle. this feels like a terrible idea." dustin admits, putting his feet up on the coffee table.

i run a hand through my hair, letting out a breath. 

"i'm sure it'll be okay. i mean, as long as i don't have to kiss wi-"

"hey, guys!" will interrupts in his usual innocent and cheery voice. 

"will!" i say nervously.

i hadn't really thought of this possibility, of having to kiss will, the boy i've had a crush on since probably forever. i'm so so so stupid.

or worse, if will has to kiss someone else, god that would break me. 

but, i already agreed we'd play tonight.

this will either be good or very very bad.

before long, lucas and el show up, and we're finally all here.

"are you guys ready for some games?" max smiles, before taking a big bite of her pizza.

i blush deeply, quickly becoming very nervous.

"totally! d&d?" lucas asks, already making his way over to the board. 

"no, actually, something new." max says, pulling the empty coke bottle from behind her back. 

i'm staring at will, hoping not to meet his gaze. 

"oh, um, spin the bottle?" lucas asks.

max smiles and nods and places the bottle in the center of the circle.

will's cheeks turn a deep red and his eyes widen.

"spin the bottle?" el asks, clearly confused.

"basically, someone spins the bottle in the middle of the circle and whoever it lands on is who they have to kiss." i explain.