x(hot and cold)

max's POV (spicin' it up a little)

"that's why you can't just stick your hands in the oven." i finish explaining, smiling at the look of complete amazement on el's face. 

she stands from where she was leaning against the counter, a curious look on her face. 

"but, how do i get the cookies out?" she crouches down so she can look through the glass door of the oven. 

the oven is hot, very hot, which is something el doesn't seem to understand. no matter how many times we all try to explain to her, she doesn't seem to get it. 

"with oven mitts. i'll get them out when the cookies are finished." 

she looks up at me, "oven mitts?"

i laugh before grabbing the oven mitts to show to el. i hold them up and then demonstrate by putting them on. 

"when i have them on, my hands are protected from heat."

"so, you can touch hot things?"

"right."

"may i have them?"

i nod and hand them both to el. she puts them on her hands before standing up and grabbing my shoulders.

"ahhh, no pain. they work." she giggles.

i roll my eyes at her cheesiness and pull her into a hug. 

"el, can i say something?" i whisper, still holding onto her.

"mhm. anything."

i close my eyes and say, "i'm really sorry for letting all those boys kiss me earlier. it felt gross." 

she pulls away. 

"don't be sorry, love. it didn't mean anything." she presses a kiss to my cheek, making me blush. 

i better thank my lucky stars for her. 

"what did i ever do to deserve you?" i put my hand on her soft cheek. 

"there's nothing you can say or do to deserve me, maxy. everything that makes you you is the reason i'm in love with you. it can never be changed and my love can never be lost." she leans forward to press her lips to mine. 

instinctively, my eyes close and my hands move to her waist. 

"it's such a beautiful thing to be in love." i comment as we part. 

"i can agree with that." she rests her forehead on mine.

"speaking of love, we'd better go check on the boys." 

"do you think mike did it?"

"did what?"

"told will."

"i doubt it. as much as i love mike, he's kind of a chicken."

el giggles as the timer goes off. 

"we will check on the boys as soon as we take those cookies out."

el nods and walks to turn the timer off. 

i slip the oven mitts on, open the oven, and remove the cookies. this is el's first attempt at making cookies, so my expectations aren't very high, but i will be a supportive girlfriend nonetheless. 

she squeals as i place them on the cooling rack, "we need to wait at least 5 minutes before we can eat any."

she frowns, crossing her arms dramatically.