ix (yours)

will's POV

mike is the one to lean in first. our knees touch as he moves closer to me. my breath catches in my throat. he's really going to kiss me.

he smiles as he leans in the rest of the way, stopping just inches before my lips. 

god, it feels so good to be this close to mike. it feels so good to know he feels the same. 

"can i be your second kiss?" he asks quietly, a small smile playing at his lips.

"yes." i almost sigh. please, kiss me.

i watch as his eyes flutter shut and i let mine do the same. 

i always thought i would feel nervous to finally kiss mike. but, i've never felt so at peace. 

he slowly, carefully, gently closes the gap between us.

his lips are soft. i feel his nose against my cheek. i can't help but smile into the kiss. 

time seems to stop. this unfamiliar territory quickly becomes second-nature, almost like we had done it a thousand times before. this is somehow like coming home. 

he pulls away and rests his forehead on my shoulder. he lets out a sigh and smiles.

"you kissed back."

i nod, cheeks going red, "i did."

"why?" he looks up into my eyes.

"because i feel the same way." my heart races in my chest as i say it, our eyes meeting. 

"you do?" mike blushes.

"i've loved you since the day i met you, mike. how didn't you know?" 

"i wish i had known. we could've been doing this." he giggles, finally leaning back to wrap himself in his, my sweatshirt. i make a mental note to 'accidentally' leave more of my sweatshirts for mike to steal.

"you're cute." i smile, pulling my knees up to my chest.

"god, i can't believe i told you." mike giggles, leaning back against his pillow.

"i can't believe i told you, either. did you-was this planned?" 

mike sits up suddenly, "no, why would you think that?!"

"chill, mike. i don't. i was just asking." i laugh at the sudden outburst. he definitely planned it.

he settles back against the pillows, putting his arms above his head.

the atmosphere now is different, but it's nice. i feel like a weight is lifted off of my shoulders. he knows now. there's no more secret. i don't have to worry about him hating me. now, i know, he feels the same way. 

"whatcha thinkin' about?" mike asks, still reclining against the pillow.

i shake my head, "nothing. it's nothing. i'm just really glad that this is how this turned out."

he smiles and my heart skips a beat. 

"come here."

so, i do. i climb across the bed and lay beside mike. he places his arm around me and i settle into his chest. he begins to run his fingers through my hair and i let my eyes close. 

"you're so beautiful, will." he whispers and presses a kiss to the top of my head. he makes me swoon. 

i don't reply, i only nuzzle his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. 

even though this is hardly the first time we've cuddled, it's the first time that the both of us know what we mean by it.  we finally know that this means something.