vi (here's the plan)

"max, i don't know about this. mike and will are best friends. what if this doesn't work?"

"it will work. i am a master when it comes to things like these. i have all the information i need about the both of them to make this go smoothly." 

"guys, you know i'm sitting right here?"

the girls hush mike before getting back to planning. 

"there's no reason that this won't work, el. you see the way he looks at mike. all it needs is a little push in the right direction." max explains, scribbling and erasing with the pencil.

"do you think he's already asleep?" el asks, leaning back against the wood of mike's bunk bed. 

max shakes her head, "no. if my calculations are correct, will should be awake for at least another 2 hours thinking about if mike is sleeping already and probably about what would happen had the two of them kissed during the game. we have time."

mike giggles under his breath, wrapping himself tightly in a blanket. 

"are you ready, mike?" max asks, neatly stacking the paper so she can read the plan.

"i guess so." mike sighs, nervous, really nervous. what if will doesn't like him the way he does? he might just die right there. there is always the possibility that will will hate him. god, that's mike's worst fear. 

max clears her throat before smiling at mike, one of the evil, up to no good smiles the ginger girl is known for. 

"in about 10 minutes, you're going to go downstairs. go to the kitchen and make something, anything. that's to make sure you don't look suspicious. will is going to come up from the basement at about the same time because he can't stand to be in the basement with lucas and dustin anymore. that's when you make your move. nothing crazy, unless you want to. just friendly conversation, a little flirty touch, and you're going to invite him to sleep up here." 

"where would will sleep? he usually sleeps on the top bunk. it's kind of why it's there."

"with you, mike." el interjects, a quiet giggle on her voice. 

it's nearly midnight, if their plan is going to work, it needs to happen now. 

mike still isn't so sure. 

"what if that's not what he wants?"

"oh, come on. i know this is not going to be the first time the two of you have slept in the same bed." max deadpans.

"that is true. okay, fine. i'm in." mike decides, feeling his cheeks heating up. 

the three giggle and engage in a group hug before deciding to get mike ready.

"okay, okay. so, when he walks in what do you do?" el quizzes.

"i'm going to smile and say something like, 'couldn't sleep either'. then, i'm going to offer him some of whatever i make." 

max nods and smiles, "that's perfect. then if he takes it?"

"ask how it's going in the basement, while keeping eye contact, but not in a creepy way." 

"then when he tells you?" el asks.

"you can come up to my room if you want to. there's an empty space in my bed." mike bites his lip, mimicking what he's going to do downstairs.

the girls sit with wide eyes. 

"jesus, mike. i'm a lesbian and i would agree to that." max admits. 

mike laughs, pushing his curls from his eyes. 

he looks at the clock, realizing that it's time. 

"are you sure this is going to work?" mike asks, hiding his hands in his sweatshirt.

max nods, a reassuring smile plastered on her face.

mike lets out a breath, standing from his place on the floor.

"it's now or never, i guess." 

______________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I'm so overwhelmed with love from my A/N. Reading all those nice comments kept me going most days. It's still hard, but I think it's time to get back to the things I love doing. This is just a short chapter, but the next one should be out soon. My school is officially done for the year, so I'll be posting more often now. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me and for being there for me. 

Lots of love,

Sava <3