Even leaders need breaks

[[Wilbur had been overworking himself,stressed out with running a country and trying to keep peace.Pushing away his regression just seemed too make it worse.But,of course,Tommy noticed.And made it his mission to make the other regress.Even leaders need breaks!]]

Wilbur huffed as he signed another paper.The loop never seemed to end.Background noise had faded into the scratch of quill on paper,the constant thrum of muffled noise outside as his nation woke up.He couldnt recall the last time he had gone outside,felt the warmth of sun on his skin and seen the actual sky.He just had too much work.And work was more important then wants.

He set down his quill,burying his face in his hands with a groan.He may love his country,but god,paperwork sucked.A constant loop of 'sign.disapprove.approve.repeat' seemed to go on forever.He got up,his joints popping and bones crackling as he stretched,when had he last gotten up?The boy felt like his mind was going to melt from it all,from the constant stress and work of running the place.

Tommy had noticed something that bugged him.Wilbur didnt seem to regress anymore.Why did that bug him?Well,he was technically his brothers caregiver,and cause the man never seemed to leave his office.He asked around and turned out he hadn't been seen for weeks unless on the porch.That was concerning.The man had a tendency to put work before self care and Tommy felt like that was what was going on here.Well!It will be fine,because big man innit had a plan!He gathered up some little gear,including the whale stuffie he knew Wilbur loved,and got started.If the other wouldnt regress on his own,looks like he shall need Tommy too help him!

Wilbur stepped out onto his porch.The air switched from the stale,coffee smell he had gotten used to,too the fresh and crisp air of a new morning.Dew sat beaded on the leaves of a nearby tree,dotting the ground and shining like little stars.The sky was a baby blue,fluffy clouds floating lazily through the sea of a sky as the sun shined brightly.He rubbed his eyes,getting used to actual sunlight and not just slightly dimmed down lamps.The man took out a cigarette,lighting it with his small lighter.He had started using those a while ago,when the stress became too much,a way he used to try and keep down his urge to regress.

But,before he could even take a puff,it was literally snatched out of his hand,He hadnt even heard the blond come in,and how bad his self care had gotten must have messed with his ears as the doors to his office had a bell attached.Fuck.He blinked,confused as his brain processed what happened just now a bit slower then usual.Tommy was standing there,holding the cigarette like how Wilbur would hold an anteater,as far away as possible and with an air of annoyance and disgust.Curls of smoke still rolling down the thing,fading away as they floated off.

"Nope!Little guys dont get cigarettes,Wil!"

The taller watched as Tommy tossed his cigarette into the trash,wiping his hands on his shirt a bit much for just holding the thing.He looked back,a smile now on his face.Wilbur was annoyed,a bit.He hadn't even gotten one puff!And-he wasn't little!The boy had forced down his regression to try and get more work done,though that had just fucked up his mental health and self care a lot.But,by just getting angry at being called little,he was sorta proving he could be pushed into littlespace at any moment.And Tommy seemed to know that,counting that as a win internally as Wilburs words came out a bit like a childish whine.

"Tommy!Im not little!"

And Wilbur realized his mistake a moment later,covering his mouth and looking extremely annoyed and angry with himself.He swore he had gotten rid of his littlespace!But it seemed some had lingered,he had simply learned to ignore the tug of his small headspace that was filled with fluff and every thought drenched in honey.Tommy didnt stop smiling,tilting his head a little.And,god damnit,he was using his soft voice.The one that made the fuzz grow and spread.Fuck.