47. Shopping (Part 2)

Gabriella

Its the weekend and I didnt feel like getting out of bed.All the strenuous work during the week leaves me totally drained, all I think of during the weekend is to sleep in and re-energise myself for the next week. The grind never ends.

My peaceful sleep is disturbed by the ringing of my cellphone. I checked the caller id to find out it was none other tuan Sandra calling me.

I picked up the phone and said "why are you disturbing me so early in the morning, let me enjoy my weekend in peace"
There was a moment's silence before she replied.

"dear princess let me jog your weak memory. Today we have the appointment with fashion designer at her boutique" she screamed at me.
I face palmed and promised her to be ready

within fifteen minutes. I took a quick shower and put on some clothes and made myself lool presentable to a certain extent.

I had never gotten ready so fast in my entire existence on earth. I wore an orange colour pleated dress and pleated my hair in a makeshift manner. I had already booked the cab so I didnt need to worry about that.I quickly got in and told thw driver to take me to the biggest Chanel boutique in town.

Mirana and Sandra were already there waiting eagerly for my arrival

Mirana was wearing a pink colour pleated dress and Sandra was wearing an offshoulder white dress.
Both of them looked pretty and quite angry.

Sandra reprimanded me for forgetting
such an important occasion, eventhough I was the maid of honour and Mirana's best friend.
I apologised ans explained that with the constant workload last week I had completely burnt out and tye boutique appointment had slipped from my mind.

Now that the apologies were exchanged and the mood around was a bit lighter, it was time to attack the task at hand.
We moved inside the boutique where the assistant asked us to wait as her boss arrived.
After making us wait for about fifteen minutes, she arrived.
The designer is petite woman with short blonde hair, who appears to be in her mid forties.

She enquires about refreshments, but the three of us deny politely. We inform her that time is of great value for us and we would like to finalise dresses for all events as quickly as possible.

She suggests we focus on the wedding dress first, since its the most important event and later on we can go through other events as well.

After much contemplation Mirana decides on an offshoulder gown, which had lots of different works done on it complete with diamond and ruby adornments.

For the bridesmaid the had one common style in pink colour.
For maid of honour we had lots of option to choose from since it was an important position, it needed to be dressed up accordingly.

I strictly told them to look for something simple and not too sexy or revealing

Nothing over the top, I had no intentions of gaining unwanted attention. The assistant shows plethora of options to us but we decide to settle for a
Puff full sleeves light pink colour dress with a slight cut in the front.
By the time we are done 2 hours have passed and its already lunch-time.
Sandra suggests we eat our lunch together as she knows a place nearby that serves delicious food.

The restaurant was only 4 minutes walk away from the boutique.Sandra had already made reservations, I guess she had wanted to turn this into a all girl fun time beforehand. I feel the three of us deserved somethinf like this after what we has gone through in recent times.
Our spot was near the window providing a nice view.

The restaurant had a peaceful ambience and it was a great experience overall.
But as is my luck in these matters, I can never be happy ir peaceful for too long.
I spot Alejandro at a distance seated in his table with his would-be-wife and my replacement, Nora.
Seeing them together gives me serious regret and I feel very uncomfortable.

I wanted to get the hell out of there, I couldnt stay a moment longer.Sandra sensed my turmoil and enquired about it, I lied that I was just tired and it was nothing else.
"dont worry, tomorrow is sunday and you could sleep throughout the day
Lets have fun now!" she said in an excited manner. I didnt have the heart to spoil thr occasion so I shut up about my issues and put on a "happy face" show.

We enjoyed the food and everyone was having a good time, except for me.
Sandra pays the bill and the three of us get into her car.
Inside Mirana embraces the two of us and exclaims that she cant believe it that soon she wouls be married, to her it all seems like a dream.

She goes on to share her honeymoon plans and Sandra joins her in her excitement. I pretend to be happy for her, not that I am jealous of her, but all the lovey-dovey couple talk makesme feel suffocated. Post my shocking breakup, I am done with Romance.

Sandra senses my discomfort and diffuses the tension by saying "Mirana since the both of us are single you dont have to make us feel jealous." Mirana
laughs and says that she would be quiet from now onwards and the three of us share a hearty laugh.

They drop me home and leave.Once inside I feel homesick and lonely. I miss Colombia and my dad. As I am ruminating in my sadness, I experience an Eureka moment.
I cannot let Alejandro control my life anymore.If I leave it upto him he wont ever let me leave Mexico. I have to resign from my secretary's position and leave Mexico for good.Going back to Colombia would do me a world of good.
Before leaving I will have to find a good replacement for myself.
I had fifteen days before Mirana's wedding,enough time to find a good replacement.

I am done paying such a heavy price for something I didnt even do in the first place.

Sandra's outfit

Mirana's outfit