Chapter 2

Rosaline Gray POV

* Thud*

A loud sound pierced through my ears that almost burst out my eardrums. I immediately sat straight, wiping the drool off my face.

I saw a pile of drafts on my desk, Mrs. Williams my manager glaring at me giving a bone chilling death glare.

" Wake up from your dream Cinderella, you have a lot of work to do. "

She made an annoying clap sound reawakening my work anxiety and pressure back in my head.

If I ever had venomous hatred for someone and wanted to kill them aside from Mr. Wolff.

It was her.

I had never wished for something as bad as I wish everyday for her transfer to another branch away from the city or to somewhere much more horrible department.

She brought the worst out of me. I wish I could yell at her the way she did, torture her the way she did, in total everything she did to me I wanted to do vice-versa with her.

But....unfortunately nothing's changed. I was forced to accept my fate because I wasn't in a position to strike back or leave my job.

It took me almost five states away from my hometown, away from my brother, finding a job.

Even though it wasn't upto what I actually deserved considering my potential and my degree, I was grateful that at least I had got one.

Because the stain given by Mr. Wolff was permanent. I didn't want to suffer anymore.

As a Gray family member I struggled like a street dog pushing myself ahead through college. 

Those sleepless nights, empty stomach, desperate to collect a penny after penny for my survival. I don't want to go back to that hellhole losing my only job. 

I was working in a top leading company of interior designing. The Reeds Designs. It was my dream to work here as a one of the interior designers but my dream was limited, out of reach.

I wasn't a designer here, I was working as an assistant to Mrs. Williams.

I was the one who stayed all day in front of the computer hitting the keyboard, entering the datas. 

It's for Jared.....you are doing this for Jared.

I kept chanting the mantra trying to keep my cool. 

" Rosaline Gray, after you finish all these documents, I want you to be in my cabin. We are leaving for another project. "

" Mr. Reeds has handed the project to me again. Isn't it delightful! I definitely need you there. "

" You will help me won't you?? " Mrs. Williams cast a smile but only I knew what she hid behind it.

A pure evil motive. She wasn't asking a favour, she was threatening me to go with her. Dance according to her tune otherwise I would lose the job.

She knew how weak and vulnerable I would be if I was losing this job.

" What help do you want this time Miss Williams...? " I creased my brow pretending to be clueless even though I knew what she was going to ask for.

That type of help where she was going to give Mr. Reed's project responsibility all to myself and she's going to relax back.

She knew I had a bachelor's degree in interior designing, so she made sure to make full use of it.

Only if I wouldn't have helped her out of courtesy when she was struggling with the designs.

This was my fifth project now. It's not like I hated the job, I've loved designing since I was a child.

But working your ass off and someone else getting appreciated and paid for it was like big blow to your face.

Like someone threw a bucket full of ice water all over you.

Mr. Reed seemed to love all of my work, so he never hesitated to give big projects to Mrs. Williams thinking she was the one.

It's already 9:00 pm and I was still stuck in the office. Most the employees were gone, lucky them.

The office looked almost dim and lonely.

I heaved a tired sigh as I looked at the new project, the rough drafts and details.

" There you go Rosaline Gray, blueprint of an upcoming project. As you see... the project is to design inside an exotic resort. I want you to look through and analyse the given tasks. "

"  Remember Rosaline this is the most toughest project ever. The owner of that resort is no ordinary person, he's the terror. If we make a single mistake he won't hesitate to evict you from the planet. "

I creased my brow as I glared at the details. This was the most complex project I ever received and definitely the most expensive one.

" I didn't want to take this project but Mr. Reed thinks I'm the best shot of Reed's design. Now my life is at stake, so is yours....so please think twice before you do anything. "

I scratched my head as I looked through the blueprint. Truly my life is at stake now...