Chapter 9

Rosaline Gray POV

*9 YEARS AGO*

" Eat..." His cavernous voice resonates around my small room.

My lips quiver as I look at the brownies and red-velvet cupcakes he had kept in front of me.

" Kyng please...no more." I implore him, unshed tears forming at the edge of my eyes.

It's past 12 midnight already. Kyng had once again snuck into my room without my father's notice.

I feel like a deer caught up with a ferocious wolf.

" EAT..." Kyng stressed out the word so woefully, I can feel it vibrate in my bones.

I blink back my tears as I stuff more brownies in my mouth, my hands trembling.

I feel nauseated and feel like puking. I had a lot of brownies and cupcakes in tonight's hangout with the group, my stomach is full.

But Kyng doesn't really seem to understand that.

" Eat more. " He tries to stuff more into my mouth but I refuse him, facing to the side.

" I said eat! " Kyng grabs my nape and forcefully thrusts more brownies into my mouth.

I almost choked out, coughing loudly. My broken sobs echoing in the room.

Kyng releases me, almost like he pushes me away, raking his hair in frustration cursing out loudly.

" I-I a-already told you, I d-don't want anymore. B-but you...keep f-forcing me." I said through my hiccups as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

" Shut up! It's all because of you!" Kyng grabs my arm and I almost yelp, shrinking under his engulfing presence.

" Why are you acting so innocent now? You didn't mind receiving many of these from them. Just like a f***ing beggar who hasn't eaten for days." Kyng hissed at me.

I try to pry off his grip on me, but he doesn't let me, he's way too strong for me.

" You showed them your smile, gratitude while mowing these down but you are crying when it comes to me?" His derisive tone heightened my uncontrollable tremors.

" You know what you made it look like, Rose?" Kyng grabbed my chin pulling me to his punishing gaze.

" It's as if you look happy with him, rather than with me." Kyng hissed, his grip getting more punishing.

" It's like the owner is not taking enough care of his dearest pet for it to lurk here and there and eat whatever they offer."

" No Kyng, please. Listen-"

" You could've asked me, I would've fed you. But no. You want others, you want him." Kyng grit his teeth.

" No. It would've been rude so I couldn't say no to their offers....I-I'm sorry." My silent cry disperses in the air, begging for his mercy.

Why was I begging for his mercy? I did no wrong. But it was him. Kyng Astor Wolff.

A boy like him comes with a hazard warning, threatening your life with it. He's not the type who can be stopped.

" That doesn't mean you can receive food from any f***ing one Rose!" Kyng yells on my face, making me flinch violently.

" I'm sorry..."

More tears continue falling down my cheeks, sobs tearing through my throat.

I just don't want him to hurt me.