Chapter 6

Rosaline Gray POV

*Present Day*

I grip my drafts, nails digging through my bag. The sound of crashing waves of a beach benumbs the surroundings. My head feels heavy and I feel like puking.

It's Kyng's resort.

The one who made my childhood, my school days hell, made me hopeless and feel disgusted about myself.

No. It can't be real. It. Is. Not. Real.

Wake up. Wake the f*** up Rosaline.

The wind slaps my cheeks, the thin material of my cloth barely protecting me from the chill. Feeling the cold isn't a good sign, it's a clear indication that this is all real.

I squat down, my feet sinking down the beach sand. I rock myself back and forth but nothing I do pulls me out of these excruciating thoughts.

Nothing stops this mind clogging cycle. It's sucking me, draining every hope of living.

I was really standing in front of the resort that belongs to none other than my bully himself.

Even those bulky bodyguards were his.

I even doubt if he's in the mafia. Hell, he's capable to do anything. Kyng is not just cruel but an absolute psycho.

He has no qualms in threatening and scaring his victims, ruining their lives as if it's a proud thing to do.

In short, he's more dangerous than any of the rich kids could ever be.

"Rosaline Gray!!" I flinched when I heard someone yelling my name.

Mrs. Williams...!

My terror stricken eyes prowled in angst vigilant of the presence of someone too. I feel like a fish that has fallen out of a bowl, desperately gasping for breath.

It's Kyng's area.... he's going to find me and going to strip all the living elements out of me.

No. I don't want to die a dog's death. Please. Please tell me this is just a bad dream, I beg you.

" I searched for you everywhere, goddamnit! You seem to have fun here leaving me in a miserable situation! Why did you switch off your phone?" She yelled at me, making me jump out of my stupor.

" He kept asking me many things, I couldn't answer. Do you know what kind of situation I was in?

I think I have been very lenient to you for showing me this kind of behaviour. Do you want me to deduct your salary? "

" No, Mrs. Williams. Somebody dashed into me and my phone broke, I didn't do it on purpose. Please believe me, Mrs Williams." I whimpered.

If she deducts more salary, I'll drown into more debt. Already many loan sharks and money lenders are pestering me, I can't afford to mess anything up.

She raised her eyebrows, her face calculative as if she was trying to figure out if I was lying.

Then she heaves a long frustrated sigh, holding her head. She slams a notepad on my chest making me stumble a little.

" These are the points that Mr. Kyng wants for his resort. He wants us to design the far side of his resort he has built recently. "

Far side...? Holy cow, how much land does he own?

Of course, he was the son of the Wolff's after all. He was born with a golden legacy, shone with a force of thousands of sun, searing everyone whoever came near him.