vanya

present day

"BINGO." Diego said when he spotted them in the motel.

"You do know that killing these people is not gonna make you feel any better." Klaus said.

Riya could have agreed if she didn't know Patch.

She wanted to kill them as well.

She didn't know, if it was for the guilt for not being there for Ben or her family... but she wanted to kill them.

"Yeah, but when it's done... I'm gonna sleep like a baby." Diego tells him while Klaus chugs whatever alcoholic drink he took from the academy.

"Sure you will." Klaus adds

-x-

"Stay in the car." Diego said after they kept an eye on the motel.

"What are you talkin' about?" Klaus said.

"She stabbed me!" "This guy tortured me." Klaus and Riya said in unison.

"I have a plan." Diego says.

"A death wish?" Riya adds with venom.

"Just stay here." Diego said and took off.

"We aren't staying are we?" Klaus looks at Riya who smirks.

"I swear to god if you two get hurt-" Ben starts but Klaus talks over him.

"Let's go!" he said and Riya laughed at Klaus.

-x-

28.01.2001
twenty eight. january. two thousand one

"how did you finish yours first! you just started reading it!" ben groaned.

riya chuckled as she gave her copy of murder on the orient express to ben.

"what can i say? i am faster." *pun intended* but ben didn't know about her powers and neither did she.

it was very obvious that the two kids had crushes on eachother.

after they decided to buddy read, they got closer.

they got to know stuff about each other... but both of them were being secretive about their 'powers'.

"There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices till the little cricket on the hearth stops chirping, and the sweet, sunshiny presence vanishes, leaving silence and shadow behind." Ben read.

"Are you reading to me?" Riya teased.

"Yes... why?" Ben asked suddenly getting shy.

Riya chuckled, "It's adorable."

"i gotta run, my dad will be mad." ben laughed sheepishly and riya nodded.

"i have to go too, i have tra- homework" riya covered up.

ben was too busy thinking of a way to sneak in without reginald hargreeves noticing.

"i'll see you next saturday?" he asked and she nodded.

-x-

present day

"So, what exactly is the plan here, big guy?" Klaus says just as they walk behind Diego

"I told you to wait in the car." Diego told the two of them.

"Yeah, but you also told me that licking a nine-volt battery would give me pubes." Klaus shook his head and took another sip.