forty

If you assumed Ariya Sharma had anger issues, major anger issues, you are very right.

If you weren't afraid of her before, you should sit with her during a cricket match. 

Not just any cricket match. IPL specifically.

If you thought she wasn't crazy. Now you would be certain that she is.

Let me elaborate.

-x-

2014

"If you or Amaya are not dead, you are in major trouble. I will break up with you." Ben threatened in his sleepy voice.

Ben heard sniffling, "what's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asked cautiously.

Even after being in a relationship with her for more than five years, Ariya crying was a rare thing. She rarely showed normal emotions, let alone cry.

"My laptop's got a virus." she sniffled as she cleared her throat, "Maya already slept. What do I do?" she asked.

"Sleep?" Ben suggested, "we'll take it to someone tomorrow?"

Ariya shook her head, soon realising that Ben couldn't see her actions, "but--"

"What were you even looking at? It's 3 in the morning?" Ben asked, "wait! were you watching porn?"

Ariya groaned, "what? No! I was watching cricket in some illegal site! I can't wait till tomorrow, people will tell me what happened!!!"

"Ari, just sleep. You can watch a recap." he told her.

Ariya gasped as loud as she could, "what do you think of me? Do you think I am the kind of person who would miss a match and sit through the recap!?"

Ben didn't respond.

"Ben! Help me!"

Ben didn't respond.

"Did you actually sleep?" she screamed waking the boy up, "I am your fiance! Wake up!"

Ben jerked awake, "Huh-- what?"

"Virus! Match! Virat Kohli needs me!" she screamed, "dude, we are batting, this is a serious situation, Gayle and Yuvraj Singh got bowled out! I need to watch the match, AB de Villiers and Virat need me!" she cried.

Ben sighed, "I can't believe I understood everything you said. Look-- just bring your computer here, I'm sure Jayme can fix it. Until then we can watch the match on my iPad, it's more virus protected." he reassured.

"Okay! Coming!" she stated and in exactly three seconds Ben heard a knock on his window.

"That was fast... even for you." he joked.

Ariya smiled, "give me your iPad!"

"Wow, you were really crying." Ben chuckled as he handed her his iPad.

-x-

2015

"You owe me money if they lose." Ben stated as he sat next to her on the couch.

Well Ben was on the couch, Ariya on the other hand was sitting on side table.

Well, she stood up to get herself some food. But suddenly, RCB (THE BEST CRICKET TEAM EVER HEHE) started winning.

Well, if you touch wood, what you are hoping might come true.

(It derives from the pagan belief that malevolent spirits inhabited wood, and that if you expressed a hope for the future you should touch, or knock on, wood to prevent the spirits from hearing and presumably preventing your hopes from coming true.)

So, now Ariya Sharma was sitting on her wooden table, screaming at the other teams for playing well.

"Touch wood you bad mouthing dickhead!" she shouted.

Ben groaned as he got up and punched the wooden table, "satisfied?" he asked.

Which made Ariya shrug, "we made it to the play off's, we have a chance, Ben!"

"Dude, but it's CSK! they're the strongest ones!" Amaya pointed out.

Ariya glared daggers at her sister, "and whose side are you on?"

"We are on the same team, Ari. We are just good at stating facts." Ben told her.

Ariya shook her head, "I don't want facts, I want a win. Maybe I should play!"

...

RCB didn't win the match that day.

But that never stopped Ariya from supporting the team.

Amaya told Ben he was lucky to have Ariya in his life, as she is a loyal one.

-x-

2016

"Can we sleep?" Ben asked as they sat and watched test cricket.

Ariya nodded, "you go sleep. It's almost over." she told him as she fidgeted with her shirt.

Ben smiled as he pulled his girlfriend towards himself, "then we go together."

"Cricket's fun isn't it?" she asked.

Ben chuckled, "I'm fine with watching with you, Ari." he reassured her.

Ariya was about to say something nice to Ben, but she realised the batter was almost bowled out, "No!!!" she screamed as she went closer to the screen, "They always do this! Don't hit the ball too high when you're unsure! God, can we send those people back!?" she shouted at the opposing team.

"It is their homeground." Ben reminded her.

Ariya glared at him, "Then tell them to go back to their house!" 

"That makes no sense...?"

Ariya chuckled, "I know."

-x-

it's ipl season!
if you watch cricket
who's your favourite cricketer?
and what team are you rooting for?

i have never read a ff where cricket is ever mentioned so i wrote one :)