goldie

1963

IT WAS a normal day for Riya Walton, she was checking the library records and reminding people to return the books they had borrowed.

"Is this Ken Mantle?"

"yes" the man spoke.

"This is the Dallas Library, and I have called to remind you to reply 'xyz' book that you had borrowed last month. Today is the due date and you will have to pay the fine."

"They won't return?" her co worker Steph asked.

"Sometimes I think they forget about the books that they borrowed." Riya sighs.

"I'm going on my break right now. I'll be back in 20." Riya nodded at Steph, "and Riya, can you collect the book? This Chestnut is bringing is back." she told her.

"Sure."

-x-

Riya was arranging alphabetical wise, humming to Taylor Swift, cause who doesn't love her.

"Hello?" she heard a voice.

"Finally someone returning the book" she thought.

"Welcome to the Dallas Library." she said in her raspy voice as she welcomed the person.

"I was returning the book my husband borrowed, Ray Che-" the person stopped, "Riya!?"

Riya finally looked up from her pile of books.

"Holy-" Riya screamed and dropped the books.

"Shh" someone shushed them.

"Sorry." Riya apologized.

"Alli?" she squeaked.

"You're alive." Allison sighed and ran towards her and crushed her in a hug.

"Darlin', I won't be if you crushed me like that." she mumbled as Allison laughed and released her.

"Sorry." Allison sheepishly laughed.

"How have you been?" Riya asked with her raspy voice.

Allison felt terrible, she remembered how beautiful her voice was.

Even though she was doing a lot better, her voice still was forced.

That's why Riya preferred writing, so that her vocal chords don't get strained.

Allison quickly collected herself and answered her question, "Well, I'm living in south Dallas, working as a Civil Rights Organiser..."

"That's so cool!" she whisper shouted.

"With my husband." she said.

"Oh my god-"

"Riya, did the person return the book?" Steph asked as she entered the library.

"She's right here. I'm going on my break byee" she screamed and gave the book to Steph and dragged Allison out.

"YOU GOT MARRIED!?"

"Yeah." Allison laughed at Riya's childlike enthusiasm.

"What have you been doing?" she asked.

"Well you already know, I work here and I live in a small dingy three bedroom house with my friends."

"How long did you get stuck here?" Allison asked.

"Almost four years. You?"

Allison's eyes widened, "Two and a half."

"Oh, did you meet anyone else?" Riya asked hopefully, she tried to track everyone... especially Klaus.

She really hoped Allison knew where he was.