Chapter 12

Emory

I was bounding through the woods after Brenden once again. My wolf was yipping in glee.

I lept forward and tackled Brenden to the ground. He went down, but soon had me pinned under him. That's what we did. 

My mate looked down at me, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I leaned my head up and licked Brenden's nose. He seemed to like it because he started nuzzling me and soon we were laying down together in the grass.

After a couple minutes, Brenden got up and trotted away. I went the opposite way and shifted back. We always shifted separately because I wasn't ready for Brenden to see me naked. He hasn't seen the scars yet and I was nervous. But also, I don't know if I'm ready to be naked in front of another male yet. Even my mate. I hate that Tony did this to me. I shouldn't be scared of being intimate with my mate. I'm all messed up.

I got dressed and went back to the clearing where I found Brenden laying in the grass. I laid down next to me and he pulled me close.

"What are you thinking about?" Brenden asked me, stroking my hair.

"Nothing," I mumbled. I didn't want to trouble him with my stupid problems.

"I don't believe you," he whispered into my hair. "You can tell me."

"Are you sure you want me?" I whispered.

"One hundred percent. Where's this coming from?"

Brenden sat up and pulled me into his lap so he could look at me.

"I'm messed up," I told my mate.

"No you're not. You have struggles, but I'm here to help you through them," he said.

"It's not fair to you."

A single tear slipped out of my eye and Brenden was quick to wipe it away.

"Emory, you are all I've ever wanted and all I'll ever need. I love you so much."

"You do?" I choked out.

"More than you could ever know."

I threw my arms around Brenden's neck and he held me as I cried. He loves me. I haven't had someone love or care about me in years and here he was saying it so simply.

"I love you too," I whispered into Brenden's neck.

And I truly meant it.

We spent a couple hours lying in the grass together.

He loves me.

And I love him.

"Hey Em?"

I smiled at the nickname and turned to my mate.

"Yeah?"

"I want you to officially be mine. I want you to be my Queen."

My jaw dropped. I was not expecting that. Do I want that? Do I want to rule by Brenden's side?

"Of course, we can wait if you're not ready."

"No!" I interrupted him. "I'm ready."

"Really?" Brenden asked in awe.

I nodded. I was ready to be Queen, to rule by Brenden's side. As long as I have him, I can do anything.

Brenden rolled us so I was lying on the grass with him hovering over me. I giggled as Brenden smiled down at me.

"I love you Emory," he said.

"I love you too."

And then his lips were on mine. My hands dove into Brenden's hair as our lips moved in sync.

Brenden's tongue dashed across my bottom lip, asking for permission. I opened up to him and our tongues clashed.

I'd never felt like this before. I didn't know a kiss could be
so...amazing.

Brenden pulled back and we were both gasping for air. He brushed a piece of hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead.

"You are so perfect," he whispered as he looked down at me.

I couldn't help but blush under his gaze and he chuckled.

Brenden rolled over and got up before helping me up.

"Come on love," he said. "We've got a coronation to plan."

I giggled and ran off after Brenden.

Oh how my life has changed.