Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                                 As Zayn and I walked out of the cafeteria, my mind was spinning. I had to think of a plan to prove to Zayn that Niall could be gay. As we walked down the hall, I noticed a small library. I never read much, mostly I played with books and pretended to read books upside down to get a laugh from people.

Because no one would like you if they weren't laughing at you.

                               I sighed, causing a strange glance from Zayn. "Is this library able to go into?" I asked, Zayn nodding.

                             "They have paper and pencils to draw with too. But they always have someone in there watching so I'm too scared to go in and draw with them peering over at me." he yawned, and I felt sorry for him. I loved sleeping, and I don't know how I would feel if I was unable to fall asleep.

                              "Mind if we go and see what's inside for a bit?" I asked, his eyes widening and feeling with panic at my suggestion.

                                "Um. You go on in. I'll just..." He quickly rushed off, and you shrugged. He was strange, but kind enough. I pushed the door open, peering in. The chubby lady sitting at the desk looked up, and I walked over to her.

                                "I like your hair. It would look good if you curled it around your face." I said, always having had a keen interest in hairstyling. I didn't want to be professional or anything, I just enjoyed playing with hair.

                                She looked at me, before giving a small smile. "Thanks. Welcome to the Meadow." I liked that name, deciding it sounded better than Medical Meadow.

                              "Are we allowed to take the books from the room or do we have to keep them in here?" She looked at my arm, seeing the color of the bracelet they had put on me, and frowned.

                               'Sorry, books have to stay in here." I looked down, thinking it was probably a suicidal warning.

                              "Alright." When I turned to read the books, I noticed a smaller room attatched to this. "Wheres that lead?" I asked her, and she gave a small shrug.

                                "It's just an empty room. It gives me the creeps. Some of the patients like to sit in there though." She went back to reading her book, and curiosity got the best of me.

                                Inside the room, was a small boy sitting in the corner. He looked small probably because he was curled into a tiny ball, rocking back and forth. It would have been like a scene from a horror movie, except he was perfect. His hair was dark curls, and his eyes were a solid green but strained from tears that seemed to be effortlessly rolling down his cheeks.

                                "You alright?" I asked, taking a few steps closer to him. He ignored me, but I could tell he noticed my presence. "I'm Louis...are you alright?" You didn't know how to handle situations like this. In the movies, you would scream "code blue" or something and a nurse would come and tie him up. You didn't want to see this boy tied up.

Maybe that fag doesn't want to talk to you. Why would he? You're disgusting.

                                I groaned, and sat down on the floor next to the strange boy. I watched him crying, unable to do anything. My natural instinct was to run and flee, and my next instinct was to hug him and tell him everything was going to be alright. Looking down at his bracelet, I saw it was multi-colors. He also had another multi-colored one but it wasn't a medical bracelet.