Episode 6-Rear Veiw Mirror

Emily's pov:

I went to shift and our first call was a graffiti artist getting stuck. I stayed back for most of it. Then Voight came. I rolled my eyes and walked closer to the guys.

Casey started to walk away, but then Voight brought up Hallie. "Let me ask you, is that cute little fiancee of yours gonna be there to?" He asked. I stepped I front of Casey. "Cause I got to tell you, the other night when we were talking, she seemed kinda, I don't know, shut down." Voight said.

"But by the end, she really started to open up." He continued. Casey went for him but I planted my feet and didn't move. "Matt! Not worth it!" I yelled. "Your days coming. Your days coming, Voight!" Casey said.

As much as I dislike Casey and he dislikes me, he needed my help. I pushed him away. He looked down at me. "Don't touch me." He said.

"Hates you to, huh?" Voight asked me. "Family. You know how it goes." I said then got in the truck. We went back to the firehouse.

I sat on the couch and read my book. Otis then came over. "Hey." He said. He kissed the top of my head. ''What ya reading?" He asked, taking my book. "Things we never said?" He asked. "Yeah, it's a good book. A friend recommended it to me." I said. Otis nodded.

Otis told me to come sit at the table so I did. I went to sit in Dawsons seat, but Joe did to. "Oh, I'm sorry." I said. "No, you sit." He said. I smiled and sat down. He then whispered something in my ear.

"I'm going to be back late." He said. "Why?" I asked. "I gotta get something. You ran out." He said then winked. "Joe, no. There expensive!" I whisper yelled. He laughed then sat somewhere else. I then saw Otis looking at us. I smiled at Otis then continued to read my book.

The alarm then went. We walked to the truck and got in. "That's a good book." Joe said. "You read?" I asked. "I have alot of books. I'll bring them in if I remember." Joe said as he was driving. We soon got to the place.

We all got out, walked over to the scene. The victim was in the back of the bus and the shooter was gone.

Joe and Mills went inside the bus while the rest of us were on car duty. Casey then almost got hit by a car. Cheif sent him home because of his anger.

-

We got back to the firehouse and Joe walked up to me. "Boring time with cars?" He asked. I pushed him playfully. We sat next to eachother at the table. Otis the other side of him.

Joe looked annoyed when he sat down. Finally he had enough and banged his fist on the table. I jumped because I didn't expect it. "You know, I feel like we're sitting around like a bunch of pussies while we let Voight push our boy around." He said. "Why can't we take the ball game to him?" He asked.

"I got a wife and four kids who don't need there dad fired or locked up." Herrmann said. "I hate him, he hates me." I said as Joe looked at me. "How about you Mills?" Joe asked. "Why aren't you asking me?" Otis asked.

"Because I'm not talking about toilet papering voights house, O." Joe said. I zoned out of the convosation. I zoned back in to Joe walking out so I ran after him.

"Joe!" I yelled. "Joe!" I said. He turned around. "I need to be alone right now!" He half yelled. "Joe, your not seriously about to do this, are you?" I asked him. He looked down. "He's your brother. And he's like my brother. I can't let Voight do this to him." He said.

I nodded. "Fine. Just please come back." He nodded.

-

Casey came back. Everyone hugged him except me. The alarm then went off. "Book down. Building fire." Joe said. I nodded and put my book down, running to truck and getting in.

When we got there Cruz had to get sent in. I looked at him, concern all over me face. He gave me a warm smile then went into the building.

He came out safe but my brother was stuck. "He's going to be fine, stick with me." Cruz said. I nodded and stuck with him.

I got ontop of the truck and stood with Cruz as he lifted the Ariel. The two victims came but, but my brother was still in there. All of a sudden, fire came out from the window.

I grabbed onto Joe's arm. "Please don't be dead, please don't be dead." I said. The smoke cleared then I saw Casey. He was on the wrong side of the ladder, dangelling down, holding on.

"Matt!" I yelled. I turned around and put my head on Joe's shoulder. "I can't watch." I said. He pat my back.
A couple minutes later Joe smiled. "He's safe." He said. I turned around and saw my brother.

I jumped down from the truck and kept looking at my brother. "Your not coming back home. And I still hate you." He said as he walked over to me and hugged me. "I still hate you, but your still my brother." I said. He smiled. "I'm OK." He said, knowing I was worried about him.

I gripped him a bit tighter then let go. "Remeber you can't come home." He said. "There isn't home anymore." I said with a slight smile. He smiled then walked off.

I sat down on the side of the truck. "Hey, you OK?" Otis asked. "Oh, yeah. Just got a little worried. That's all." I said. He smiled then kissed me. After, I looked at Joe and he looked down.

-

We got back to the firehouse and I continued to read. I was half way through my book already. Joe and Otis walked up to me at the same time. Oh god. "Em-" They said at the same time.

"Oh, no, you go first." Joe said. "Em, I got you this." Otis handed me a book. "Wreck this journal everywhere?" I asked. I smiled and hugged him. He kissed my cheek the walked away. "And what did you want?" I asked. He smiled. But it wasn't his normal smile. He was upset.

I took his arm and took him into the lockers. "What's up?" I asked. He looked down. "Tell me in Spanish." I said. He nodded. "Te quiero. Siempre lo he hecho y me mata verte con él. S-Solo quiero que estemos juntos para que no tengamos que esconderlo más. Odio verte con él." He said. I hugged him. I've been studying Spanish lately and I've gotten quite good at it.

"Tomorrow. I'll do it tomorrow. I promise." I said. He nodded. He kissed the top of my head. "Come on, let's get back to the others." I said.

We got back to the others and it was just Otis who was on the phone. "That was mouch. Dawson has a three shift suspension. We'll have her suspension party tomorrow night." Otis said.

"So how much money does she lose? Like 2 grand?" Joe asked. "A little bit more. But if we all put in 20 we might be able to dent it." Otis said. I nodded.

"Or..." I didn't even realise herrmann was there until then. We got our gear on and went to the truck to the place where the graffiti artist fell. Ptis on the ground making calls. Me a Joe ontop of the truck, and Herrmann up by the painting.

-

We went to the party and we had fun. The boys sold the paining to get money for Dawson. I got not to drunk, but drunk. I heard my brother say that Voight was in his rear view mirror.

Then I made a mistake and got real drunk. I don't remeber much.

-

I woke up the next day with a massive hangover. "Hey, Joe. You got any aspirin? My head is banging from last night." I walked out in just my top and underwear like I normally do. But when I walked out I saw Otis. "Oh, hey, babe." I said.

"I don't belive it." He said. "Otis, I can explain." Joe said. "She had nowhere to stay so she stayed here. That's all that happened. I promise." Joe said.

Otis looked at me. I shook my head. "We kissed." I said. I looked down. "Maybe your brother was right about you." Otis said. "No. No, you do not get to speak to her like that." Joe said. Otis nodded then glared at me.

"Get out. Now." Joe said. Otis just stood there. "Now!!" Joe fully yelled and pushed Otis. Otis walked out then Joe hugged me. "I'm so sorry." He said to me. I just hugged him back tighter.

We half pulled out the hug again. We kissed again, but this one felt more real. He picked me up and we started making out. He took me to the bedroom and we all know what happened after that.

Best night of my life.