Episode 20- Ambition

Emily pov:
I was sat in the kitchen on the sofa when Cruz and Otis walked in together. It was nice to see they were still best friend through out everything that has happened.

"Pecan caramel popcorn." Cruz said. "Let's get into this before Herrmann finds out." Cruz said. I laughed. Apparently the paramedic candidate who worked with Dawson and Shay brought them.

"Oh yeah, Tara." Otis said. I looked at him. "Apparently she spent a couple shifts over at 95. Bob macelroy said she's pretty cool." Otis said. I sighed and carried on reading my book.

Alot of me wants Otis to be the father. But some part of me wants Cruz to be the father. I guess it's because how much Otis flirts with other girls.

Severide sat next to me while Otis was fliring with Tara. "You OK?" He asked me. "You get used to it." I said. He sighed then put his hand on my belly next to mine. "You shouldn't-" He stopped and we looked at each other.

"Did you feel?" He asked. I nodded. "Has he ever?" I shook my head. "Cruz!" I whisper yelled. He put the popcorn down and walked over. I out his hand on my stomach. "He's kicking!" Criz whisper yelled. I smiled and gigged.

Shay walked over and felt it to. "Oh, my, God. That's adorable!" She yelled. I smiled even bigger. "What is?" Otis said, fi ially taking his attention off of Tara.

"Oh. Noth-" I got cut off by the alarm. The all got up but Kelly last. "You deserve better then him." He then then left. I was sat bymylsef in the kitchen. So I just watched TV until they came back.

-

They came back and I was slightly ignoring Otis. Maybe Kelly was right. Cruz and Mouch were playing paper football when Otis came in. "Can someone please explain to me why our truck candidate is stilling at the Squad table?" Otis asked.

"Does Severide know?" Cruz asked. I scoffed. "Got an opinion?" Otis asked. "Yes. He's going to squad classes. He's just trying to get a boost. Leave him alone." I said.

"Why are you getting all defensive over Mills? You got a crush on him?" Otis asked. "Otis, really?" Cruz asked. "No. It's fine." I said to Cruz. I stood up and walked over to Otis.

"No, Brian. I do not have a crush on Mills. Because, unlike you, I am able to be friends with the opposite gender without getting flirty or having a crush on them!" I yelled.

He stepped back a bit then I walked out. Looking at my brother before I left. I went into his office and layed down on the bed.

-

I walked jntk the kitchen when shift was over. "Hey Cruz." I said. "Yup." He said. "Can I stay the night at yours, please?" I asked. He nodded. I then looked over at Otis. "Oh, come on, Emily." Otis said. "I just need space." I said.

-

I went to work with Cruz the next moring. I wasn't really sure if i would be here today, but I am. Otis was still hung over Tara even though she left.

I sat down eating my pancakes when Otis looked at me. "Do you want to break up?" He asked. I was sat next to him so I turned to look at him. "Do you want to get with Tara?" I asked.

He looked up at me comfused. "I-" He got cut off by the alarm. I looked at him, tears in my eyes. He just kissed the top of my head then left without saying anything. "Take my office until I get back. Bottom left draw." Casey said then winked. I nodded.

I sat in Caseys office, eating the food in his draw. Tears falling out my eyes every so often. I don't know if I still want to be with Otis anymore.

-

I was at Molly's with some others, watching them put decorations up. "Are you actually gonna help, or are you just gonna sit there?" Kelly asked. I laughed. "Baby boy won't let me help." I said. He laughed then kissed the top of my head.

We all went to see the door, but Otis stopped me. "Can I talk to you?" He asked. Everyone left so it was just us. I went to speak but he cut me off. "Before you say it, can I say something?" He asked.

He knew I wanted to break up. I sighed. "Look. I'm sorry. I know I've messed up. Alot. But I'm just scared." He said. "About what?" I asked. "Possibly being the father of your child." He said. I sighed. "Brian, I just don't think we're going to-" He stopped me.

"Please, don't finish that sentence." He said. "Emily. I love you and I want nothing more then to be with you." He said. "I'm sorry. I know I've messed up. Really badly." He said.

I looked up at him. "Brian. I still need some time." I said. I stood up. "OK. Yeah. I understand. I will be here waiting. No matter what you do." He said. I smiled then kissed him. I missed kissing him. It always gave me butterflies.

After the kiss, I looked up at him. "I love you." I said. He kissed me again. I smiled. "I've decided what I'm going to do." I said. "Can you take me home tonight?" I asked. He smiled.

-

We went home and he looked at me. "What?" I asked him. He just kept staring g at me. "What?" I asked again. I smiled. "I'm lucky. Really lucky." I smiled and kissed him.