Episode 17- Better to Lie

Emily's pov:
We were at work, sat down. Hereman, Otis, Gabby and mouch sat in the corner.

"I'm cursed." Herrman said. We were all looking at a contract type thing. "Herramann, this contract, if you wanna call it that, is ancient." Otis said.

"Doesn't matter. It states right there that Stephanides and whoever the hell that this Clifford Baylor is held a 50-50 stake in our bar." Herrmann said. "It's handwritten. It might have been just a rough draft that wasn't properly executed. It's not even dated." Dawson said. I nodded in agreement.

"Should've never opened that safe." Mouch said. "Shut it, Mouch." Herrmann said angrily. "Oh my god." Dawosn then said. We all looked up at her. "What?" Herrmann asked.

There was a false bottom to the box. I looked at herrmann. Gabby pulled out another box. "Dawson, don't open it." Herrmann said. Gabby handed it to me. I but a pin I to the lock.

The alarm then went. 'Smoke eater in the house.' We all looked at each other then walked to the truck. "Benny!" I said. He smiled and hugged me. Benny is Kelly's dad. "Your pregnant?" He asked with a smile. "Yeah." I said. He smiled bigger. "Glad your happy." He said.

The alarm then went. "No gear. Your getting big." Casey said with a half smile. I nodded. Normally I put gear on just incase, but now I can't.

There was a bunch of people stuck in a door. "It's a gas. Emily, your out of this one." Casey said. "No, Matt I can help I-" Otis cut me off. "Babe. No. I can't wrisk something happening to either of you. Especially with the condition it's in." Otis said. I nodded and sat on the curb.

Cruz looked at me briefly then did what he had to do. They got everyone out safely.

-

We got back to the firehouse and Cruz pulled me aside. "What's going on with the baby?" He asked, clear concern in his voice. "It's growing faster then it should. That means I've got more of a chance of a misscarrage.'' I said. Cruz hugged me. "Yeah. But positive thoughts. Their going to make it." I said. He nodded. He then walked away.

-

We then got back to the box. This time Casey, Shay and Cruz was with us. Otis opened the box and help up a badge. "Wow. That's cool." Shay said. "A war medal?" Cruz asked. "Silver star. Third-highest military decoration for valor." Mouch said. "Of corse." Herrmann said.

We all decided that we would find the guy and give it back to him. Then we all went and did our separate things.

-

I was sat next to Otis, holding his hand when Shay made an announcement. She's going to have a baby but being artificially Inseminated.

We all nodded then got back to our own convosations. "We still need a name for our bar." Herrmann said. I then looked at my brother who walked over to Shay.

-

We got in the truck and Otis looked at me. "You can't keep coming on calls. It's gonna get to dangerous soon." Otis said. I nodded. "I just love working." I said. He smiled and kissed my head.

We all got out and I watched them do there work. I then walked with Mills to the driver who was about to jump off a bridge.

I let Mills do his work but I had to step in. "He's alive. A bit scratched up, but nothing to bad." I said. "He was crushed, I called out to him." The guy said. "He was unconscious. Then went into shock." Mills said. "No." The guy said. Shaking his head.

I looked at Mills and tapped my foot quietly, trying to think of something. "A couple weeks ago, we pulled a kid out of a lake. Practically frozen solid, alright. But we brought him back to life 10 minutes later." I said.