Episode 9-It ain't easy.

Emilys pov:
I woke up, still next to Joe. He was looking at me, smiling. "You know, your cute when you sleep." He said. I blushed and hid myself in his chest.

He chuckled. "I love you." He said. "I wuv ou to." I said into his chest. I looked up at him and kissed him. "Come on. We've got work in an hour." He said.

-

We got to work. Our first fire of the day was almost over. I walked over to Joe. "What's up with Kelly?" He asked. I shrugged.

-

We got back to the firehouse. We had a talk about Vargas. After that I went to the beds and lied down.

Joe came in shortly after. "Hey." I said. "Hey." He said as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "You feel asleep quite early last night." He said. I nodded.

"This kept buzzing until midnight." He said, handing me my phone. "Oh, sorry. I forgot to put it on silent then I must have forgot to pick it up this morning." I said.

"Yeah, um, check your text." He said bluntly. I did.

I looked up at Joe

I looked up at Joe. It was nine now. "Go. I'll deal with him." Joe said. I nodded and walked away but made sure I could still hear them.

Gavin then walked in. Joe still had my phone. "Emily isn't coming." Joe said, holding up my phone. "She fell asleep pretty early last night." Joe said.

"Are you going to break up with her for lying to you?" Gaving asked. "I then walked out. "Hey babe. Hey Gavin." I said. I winked at Joe and he got the hint. "Hey babe." Joe said, hugging me.

"Everything OK?" Joe asked me. "Yeah, just came to find you to make sure your ok." I said. He smiled. "No, im not." He said then he kissed me. After then long kiss he looked at me.

"Now I am." He said. I blushed. "Your adorable." I said. He kissed the top of my head. "Are you OK?" I asked Gavin. He was staring dead at Joe. "Yeah, fine." He said with a clenched fist.

"Come on babe, let's get back to the others." I said. He nodded. "Hey, Joe!" Gavin said as we walked out. We turned around and he walked up to us. His face inches away from Joe's. The alarm then went.

Gavin pushed his shoulder into me on the way out. Joe quickly pinned him against the wall. "Joe!" I yelled. He looked at me. "You start treating her with damn respect." Joe said then walked away.

We got in truck. "What took you guys so long?" Casey asked. I looked at Joe. "Just had to do something." I said. Matt looked at me suspiciously.

-

We got to the scene, an elevator was stuck. I looked at Otis. "Don't even." He said. He hated doing elevators. I laughed at him and we walled inside.

We got the door open and Casey looked down. "Mills, cruz, Herrmann, throw a rope." Casey said. "I'll get in the hoistway." He looked at me and I looked worried.

"Otis, take Em to the motor room and take over the power." Casey said. "No, I'm staying here." I said. "That's an order, Casey." Casey said. I nodded and went with Otis.

When we got there, Otis looked at me. "He's going to be fine." He said. I nodded. He then turned the key. "Power's down in all elevators." Otis said.

"Put your line back on!" I heard Herrmann say over the radio. Otis looked at me. A couple minutes later, Casey spoke. "I got him. Up with the line." Casey said. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Go." Otis said. I then ran up to the floor. "Matt!" I said When I saw him. He hugged me. "Don't do that again!" I said. He laughed. Joe then walked over and hugged me.

We walked back to the truck and Otis walked up to me. "You OK now?" He asked. I nodded. "Thank you." I said. He hugged me.

"If I whisper Into your ear, will Joe stare at me more or less?" Otis whispered into my ear. I laughed and pushed him away.

Joe walked up to me and hugged me. "Jealous much." I said and smiled. He half smiled. "Just knowing your history with him." He said.

"Hey, I love you. And only you." I said. He half smiled again. I kissed him. Someone then rang him. He walked away. He walked back to me a couple minutes later.

"Leon's in jail." He said. I walked over to my brother. "Bro, Leon's-" He cut me off. "Cruz, get us back to 51, then you've got an hour." Casey said. "Are you sure?" Cruz asked.

"I'd do the same for her. You have an hour." Casey said. We all got in the truck and he drove us back to 51.

-

We got to the police station and we got out the car. Leon walked up to us, "your moving in with us." I said. "Yo, whatever." Leon said. "Whatever?" Joe asked. "How about, 'thanks for saving me ass'." Joe said.

He took Leon's hat and slammed it into Leon's chest. "Joe." I said. He looked back at me quickly. "We went raised like this. Your turning your back on your familia." Joe said. I help Joe's arm.

"Yo, I got a different family now." Leon said. "What the hell is the matter with you?" Joe said. He looked back at me with hurt in his eyes.

"Look at where we are!" Joe yelled. "I can't keep chasing after you your whole life, clean up your mess." Joe said.

"Yo, then don't." Leon said. "You want to die in a gang?" Joe asked. "Like moco? Like Ruiz?" Joe asked. We both could tell Leon was scared. Joe hugged him.

He told Leon to get in the car then looked at me. "It's OK." I said as a tear dropped down his cheek. I hugged him. "I can't lose him." He said. "You won't. I promise." I said. He hugged me tighter.

"I love you." He said to me. "I love you to." I said.

-

We dropped Leon home then we went somewhere else. "Stay in the car, I won't be long." He said. "Joe, I want to come with you." I said. "No! You stay in the car!" He yelled then left. What was that about?

-

He cane back 5 minutes later. "You cool now?" I asked him. He glared at me. "I love you." I said. But he didnt answer. I looked at him. "You know what just drop me off here." I said. He looked at me. "You need to get back to the Firehouse.'' He said.

J rolled my eyes and he took us back to the firehouse. I walked in but ignored everybody. "Hey, what's up?" Otis said, but I just walked straight past him.

Hermann soon came into Casey's office. "What's up?" He asked me. "Joe lashed out at me." I said. "And?" Herrmann asked. He could tell there was something else. "I said 'I love you' and he ignored me." I said. He hugged me. "Come on, let's go back out there." He said.

-

I went back home with Joe and stayed in my room. We've recently moved Into a bigger apartment. I was going to walk downstairs to ask Joe something when I heard him yell.

"Leon!" I sprinted downstairs and outside. Leon just got chucked out a car. "Oh my god, Leon!" Joe said. I ran next to him. I gasped when I saw him. Blood all over Leon's face.

"What the hell did you do?" Leon asked Joe. Joe looked at the car as I looked at him. Leon wouldn't stop moving. Joe then looked at me.